Health care administration in the US is evolving slowly. Some of the more obvious defects have been corrected. For instance, lifetime benefit limitations have been lifted and the 'pre-existing condition' weasel out has been outlawed. Insurance is now 'portable' to some extent, and substandard plans that paid low or no benefits and yet cost real money have been banished. And no, you can't keep your usury plan even if for some reason you like it (BO isn't the only president to have been misinformed about his own administration's policies - reference Iraq 'weapons of mass destruction').

Insurance companies are evil, and require constant regulation and supervision. Medical bankruptcy is a common form of bankruptcy. What happens is that a serious illness eats all a person's assets because of underinsurance and they end up on Medicaid and welfare. We can pay as a group upfront or pay later. In either case, we pay.

Deductibles must be paid, in the same way that mortgage contracts must be paid. But you can't get blood from a turnip. Cost containment as far as insurance cost in recent years has trended to these high deductible policies. Due to the number of write offs, the cost of health care goes up to cover the losses. It's an endless cycle.

BO is a communist, as is Pelosi. I'm well aware of that. History does show that the largest tax increase in history was signed into law by Bush the First. The highest marginal tax rates were increased the most. Ironically, these rates were temporarily suspended during the administration of Bush the Second and thereafter referred to as the 'Bush tax cuts'. The only thing new was the 10% bracket and that has stayed.

The system still sucks. I didn't vote for anyone who helped pass ACA, I'm just trying to live with it.

As far as being entitled to affordable insurance after having been a working drone for 40 years and paying in... yes, I do feel that way. All I'm asking for is a policy that costs less than 10% of my meager gross. Is that unreasonable? Do high earners who have paid SSA tax refuse the distribution after retirement on moral grounds? The difference is an annual policy vs. a lifetime shakedown. Health insurance is a social system just like SSA and lifetime administration seems the obvious way to go... just skip the pyramid scheme.

The 'Gold' plan I bought last year from BCBS of MI went up by $100/month for this year. Total plan cost increased by 17%. The regulators approved that. Clearly, cost containment so far is a giant failure. I instead bought a Silver HMO plan, which is obviously what they wanted me to do.

The only thing worse than the health care system administration is the political system trying to sort it out. Both extreme positions shouting "you're an assbag" at each other isn't real productive.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble