Originally Posted By: tw
For shooting glasses, I lean toward having the close-up Rx being straight line, but small and low enough to not be remotely in the way of your sight picture when shooting.

Allan Lehman [Optical] in Dewey, AZ is one of those guys who is older than dirt [he has a year on me], a shooter and that can & will do it right the first time. 1-800-255-0205, if you are interested.

FWIW, he re-did a pair of 'High Shooters' for me this past year. They require hand drilling to not break the lenses and tedium of some significant order. He said they belong in the shooting glasses museum as they had not been made in at least 45 years! Ha! I'd simply had them rat-holed a long while, but they are as good as new again now & w/my current correct Rx in a shade that I wanted.

He does not mince his words, but his advice is always sound, the workmanship solid and pricing fair. He meets his stated delivery time as well.

I'll heartily second the above about Allen Lehman.
I've used his Post 4 Optics Ti frames and line bifocals for over 15 years.
I have two pair, one with a normal line bifocul in DriveWear a changeable polarized tint. Another pair with line bifocals with max magnification for trout fishing.
Progressive bifocals have a differnt focus depending where in the lens you look and are designed for you to move your head to obtain a clear picture at different distances. That's whats causing your dizziness in the woods, normal line bifocals have none of that and are just fine in the woods hunting for me.
For hand gun target shooting or hunting, I have a blank Transistion tint in my right eye so I can focus on the sights, works great! The newest Transition tint get almost as dark as the DriveWear but are not polarized.
There is a whole range of Transition tints now available, so choose carefully.
The only difference I have with Allen, is that I do not want any false tints while hunting. I like to enjoy the beauty and the tints bother me.-Dick