Originally Posted By: Dave K
Here is the thread from this clown [b]Alvin Linden (Jerry Lee).............!

I normally stay out of threads that attack personally, as I do not believe I can possibly know the full facts and prefer not to attack anyone's person without fair standing.

The question of publicly noting those preceived "bad sellers" is a tough one for me. Like everyone else here I read the feedbacks on GB with caution and amusement. I do appreciate knowing if someone has issues of inconsistencies in their listings so i can stay clear of them. That said I appreciate best when individuals lay things out with clarity and avoid name calling.

I can only see what the posters post, the original gun with obvious cracks, and the earlier gun postings and ad that are in opposition of truth. I rather think i would enjoy a beer with the seller, and might buy from him given the correct item, but i would be careful, very careful to over value the sellers write-ups.

There is a seller in Olathe, Kansas whose listings fill-up GB. Though I know him personally (after several transactions) and I like him personally. I have no doubt he is descended from a long line of horse dealers and used car salesmen. He does offer some good stuff and at times some very fair prices.

When you get to the end of a gun deal it is about the gun itself and our preception of it. The gun is a fairly solid thing that if one takes the time to look carefully will get that figured out quickly. The preception is totally different, that is where the seller's talk can build up, confuse, or mislead. I rarely worry the seller story of the gun as it is not a big deal to me. For some i guess it matters too much.

I recently purchased an old sxs on GB, it was by a makker and engraver I sorely wanted. The gun was described as tight on face or words to that effect. As i am deployed and have not seen it my FFL tells me it is not. I still got what I wanted, a project gun. I move on knowing that either deceived me or himself as to what tight was.

Buyer Beware was a valid thought in ancient Rome and will never cease to be valid.

Last edited by old colonel; 02/08/15 05:33 AM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS