Okay, I did what we all would do. Acting on behalf of my customer (who was traveling outside of the country at the time) , I discussed the gun with the seller;confirming its condition as decribed in the ad, and there was no mention of a cracked stock. pretty straightforward buy; if it meets the standards set forth by my customer, buy it)we are talking a factory gun here, no custom specs. or anything unusual. The deal was made and gun was shipped. Now if gun was damaged in shipment, that is a whole different story, insurance kicks in, dealer cant help what the shipper does. all things out of his control. But the one thing in hos control was to make sure he sent a gun that was as described. we are not talking about degree of condition, % of case colors, % of blue original finish. all subjective assessments. we are talking a gun that was shipped with a broken stock, sold as with a sound stock. Either deliberate or by accident, the gun was shipped with a broken stock. otherwise, the dealer would have insisted that I have the package inspected and wait for insurance claim to process. Nope, send it back.

John, let me ask you this;
what would you do if you shipped a gun with a broken stock to a customer. ? would you make him pay both ways? or one way? or no way and take care of it?

In hindsight , I should have asked about return if it was broken. but who does that?
From now on I will though.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member