For my $0.02 I will say this seller is an idiot.

I have had a lot of online and long-distance firearms transactions. Most of them have been smooth with no issues.

There have been times when I have been disappointed, but the problem was a difference of opinion or expectation. I fully expect to bear shipping costs under those circumstances, and I am glad to have the right of return.

On a few occasions I have faced a problem similar to the original post. Two come readily to mind. One was the purchase of a S&W K-22 Masterpiece (pre-17) on GunBroker. The revolver arrived, and I immediately noticed its barrel had a ring inside about an inch behind the muzzle. I called the seller, had a very civil and constructive conversation. This seller insisted on refunding the full price and the shipping.

The other was the purchase of a WW2 "U.S. Property" Colt 1911A1 from an online advertisement. It was represented as entirely correct, but upon arrival it was a Colt slide on an Ithaca frame. This seller refunded the full price and all shipping.

I would happily do business with either seller again. I don't think the original poster will do business with Shooters Investments of Raleigh, NC again. That's no way to build a business. I suspect a lot of members here would shy away from this seller after reading this thread. I would.

Curl