well mikie, its, been a few years, but, as i recall, the buyer of this 100 year old english made osborne boxlock gun was disappointed that the barrels were a bit loose on the hinge pin with the forend removed. the fact that the gun was tight and on face when fully assembled and in firing position, did not impress him. and also the fact that i advised him that my gunsmith had evaluated the gun and judged it to be a safe shooter with light loads, made little impression on him as well. as i recall, he asked that i refund $300 to pay for repairs to the gun, which in my opinion were not necessary for safe functioning. i did offer to have my gunsmith take look at the gun again, at the buyers expense, to make sure it was safe to shoot. but, as i recall, be became angry and rather unpleasant and said he would take care of it and hung up the phone before i had an opportunity to discuss compromise alternatives...as i recall, we did not discuss return.

would you like hear about some guns that i did take back and provide full refund including round trip shipping costs? there are two that immediately come to mind if you are interested.

Last edited by ed good; 02/10/15 02:10 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...