Originally Posted By: cpa
I'm not an Ed basher, but for God's sake, Ed, you surely know what you did in that case was wrong. You know, or at least should know, that a double shouldn't need the forend in order to not be loose. Your attempted explanation to justify your behavior just makes it worse. To suggest that the buyer should return it at his expense for the same questionable gunsmith to reexamine is absurd. Once again, you're hiding behind your murky "refund policy". Do you really need money so bad that you would compromise your integrity over such an issue or do you just want to "win" that much?

cpa, you're trying to reason with a guy who clearly has no sense of right or wrong. He has called me a liar for pointing out some things that dozens of guys here also saw with their own eyes. I'm OK with that because I, and so many others, understand that we're dealing with someone who obviously has mental problems. He thinks that constant denial of the truth will make his own lies believable, but as you say, he only keeps digging himself in deeper. NBC's Brian Williams eventually reached a point where he couldn't run from his own lies and deceptions anymore, and he took a leave of absence probably hoping that people will forget. ed isn't smart enough to do that.

Personally, I'm glad that DaveW hasn't banished ed. Letting him keep making a total fool of himself is far worse punishment... it's driving him even crazier and aggravating him while he's on his vacation, and it lets unwary and uneducated gun buyers who happen upon this site know that there are some sellers that are best avoided.

edit: I was pretty happy with my first L.C. Smith. The seller told me it was all original. It was clean and tight and screws looked unturned. The price seemed more than reasonable and I almost broke my arm reaching for my wallet. I would have gave the seller excellent feedback if it was an internet rather than a gun show sale. Couple years later, while taking pictures and recording descriptions of all my guns for insurance purposes, I decided to measure the barrels. 27 1/2" long. So much for all original. Live and learn and caveat emptor.

Last edited by keith; 02/10/15 04:22 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.