September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jtplumb), 341 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,900
Posts550,592
Members14,458
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

it won't last. the ebay police will get it taken off.

Sidelock
Sidelock

One could argue that the 'gun' is pre '98 and thus it is not a 'gun'.

By law this would be true but Ebay is not going to know the difference and it will be yanked.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

"it is rather widespread in the gun, car, doctoring, and other businesses"
The 'business' of selling and marketing worthless 'treatments' to an uninformed public, for diseases that may or may not exist, is not 'doctoring'; it is criminal misrepresentation and fraud.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are far more uninformed buyers than there are ones like those that frequent this board. I also agree with Walt, we are not the keepers of the values, or we could still buy pristine high grade Parkers, Elsies, Ithacas and LeFevers for under 500 bucks. That is until we want to sell them..... then the figures increase exponentially........ Go figure.....

As far as i am concerned if that seller can get six grand for that gun, more power to her.

As far as selling "Worthless Treatments" is concerned, it is not fraud to order x-rays, imagaging, lab work, etc, etc all with many thousands of dollars in billing while sending the referrals through labs and companies that the Doctor has a controlling interest in, only to find out you only have a common cold. This "practice" I believe is more common than I even want to speculate on.

Caveat Emptor still prevails, guns, cars or doctors

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve, thanks for the support. I knew my statement would get some negative feedback. Your reply was refreshing. How about some car comment. Just kidding, we don't need that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Physician self-referral has been markedly restricted since 1989 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stark_Law
And not too many gun dealers get sued when a 'common cold' turns out to be lung cancer.
The bigger question is why the need to drop casual insults directed toward other users of this Forum, most of whom are only here to contribute and learn something ABOUT GUNS?

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are two places where a person can get educated on guns that, while instructive, are very, very expensive educations. Gun shows and auctions.

Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well guys she must have looked at the board, the price is now reduced, $4,000 openning bid or buy it now for only $5,000.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Strange, at the same time her gun went down in value, my old Glastron went up $1000. We're getting closer. Sorry about the doctors and car guys. Some of my best friends......

Sidelock
Sidelock

My apologies about the Doctor comment, Just sorta touched a very raw nerve.(pun intended)

That said, I have seen the same thing in the collector car trade, particularly certain high end makes, like Ferrari. The "investors" took control of the market in the late 80's and drove the prices out of sight. Then the market crashed and the one time $180,000 BB512s were being sold in the high 90's and low 100's.

I feel that any time "investors" begin getting involved in a market that was once the pervue of true collectors that the volitility occurs as well as pricing going up so high as to make the regular guy get out. Kinda sad really.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.