Steve - I've got a digital camera, but (a) I can't get an extreme close-up with it and (b) yes, I am illiterate about posting pics. I plan on getting a friend of mine who photographs a lot and has many digital cameras and lenses to take some pictures of this.

Demon - the gun has only been in my possession since Saturday and I didn't notice this "anomaly" until last night, so I don't know if it's been honed. The more I think about it the more I believe this area shows some kind of fix. I mean, Except for needing rebrowning in the lower half, these barrels are impeccable. Beautiful Westley Richards barrels, smooth and sleek....except for this ONE little area a couple inches from the breech. 3 "pits" each with a silver aura around them, the middle one looking more like a chip or divit , a shape that would definitely not result from decay.

EDIT 2: You can see pictures of this gun, but NOT of the area I'm concerned with, if you look up a post on the SALES forum on Nov 3, 2014 posted by Cable. From those pictures you can see more in his photobook. Check them out, I should have mentioned them earlier but wanted this sale to be removed from any trace.

EDIT: on the other side of the breech there are 3 or 4 deep cuts in the wood, probably from a bad fall(?). The barrels may have been damaged at the sam,e time, I don't know, just guessing.

Last edited by Krakow Kid; 02/16/15 01:27 PM.