Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Steve Lawson
I feel that any time "investors" begin getting involved in a market that was once the pervue of true collectors that the volitility occurs as well as pricing going up so high as to make the regular guy get out. Kinda sad really.

Yeah, you just gotta hate free-market capitalism...

Sounds like the tulip trade a couple centuries back.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah, but 'true collectors' are in no position to talk, either.

1)Just like no one 'owns' the right to this thing we call 'Ferrari Mania', no one owns the right to the enthusiasm generated by Parker shotguns.

2) If it weren't for collectors, no one would especially care about Parker guns in the first place. Don't forget, the mindset of the average collector includes a fair amount of "I have it and you don't".

Like Ferrari's, people invest in Parkers precisely because collectors have created a demand that outstrips supply.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Steve Lawson

As far as selling "Worthless Treatments" is concerned, it is not fraud to order x-rays, imagaging, lab work, etc, etc all with many thousands of dollars in billing while sending the referrals through labs and companies that the Doctor has a controlling interest in, only to find out you only have a common cold. This "practice" I believe is more common than I even want to speculate on.

Caveat Emptor still prevails, guns, cars or doctors

Yea well, anyone been to a Vet lately.
Poor ol' Rover has a cough. The Doc sees Rover then leaves the room. In comes the office girl to tell you the 13 "critical" tests the Doc wants to run to "rule out" something dangerous or possibly fatal. The Vet won't come near the examining room during the "close."
It almost seems to me the technique is taught in Veterinary school. They all use it.
I had some close friends, older folks, who recently took a dog with an ear ache to the vet. When the dog winced as the vet felt his upper abdomin (as the fingers no doubt dug into the diaphram) the vet just had to do x-rays etc. to "rule out" a bowel obstruction. After $900 bucks, turned out all they needed was some ear drops.
I see this ALOT with veterinarians. More the rule than the exception.
RCC

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

All gone, removed by eBay.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bummer. I'm sure someone was just waiting for it to be reduced to $3500.00.

Buying and selling guns for profit is gambling. Not that I have any problem with gambling. Just remember that todays racehorse is tomorrows dog food.

Jeff

Jeff
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Bummer. I'm sure someone was just waiting for it to be reduced to $3500.00.

Actually, if they dropped it to $3,999.95 I would have bid. The psychological barrier of $4,000 stopped me.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd have immediately out bid you at $3,999.99

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I see this ALOT with veterinarians. More the rule than the exception."

RCC: I'll ask you the same question, why the need to drop casual insults directed toward other users of this Forum (now Vets-one of whom was so kind that he came to my home to put down one of my setters so I didn't have to bring her to his office), most of whom are only here to contribute and learn something ABOUT GUNS?

Last edited by revdocdrew; 05/15/07 09:39 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.