Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Please elaborate, Craig.

It sounded to me like he didn't believe you. But I would have taken it a step further and said you're feeding us more of your BULLSHIT flavored KoolAid.

I've forgotten how Snowden fetched up in Moscow but I think it may have been the first country to take him in. His files had already been cached with responsible persons and newspapers. Doesn't seem he ran with secrets to the Kremlin.

Ah, but you lie to us yet again. Snowden did take secrets to the Kremlin. That much is well known, but you think you can tell us more lies and we'll believe you. The fear in the intelligence community is that he has stolen much more which he has stored on a heavily encrypted and multiple password protected internet cloud data storage bank. As far as having some files being cached with responsible persons and newspapers... are you speaking of responsible Journalistic agents and agencies like Brian Williams and NBC? We've all seen enough to know the "trusted media" is anything but trustworthy. If they're anything like you, we're all in deep shit.

Nobody here really worried about the government looking at our library cards or destinations of phone calls, not actual content of those calls... because we were not contacting Muslim terrorist cells and had nothing to hide.

Isn't it ironic that what we apparently really have to fear is the same Liberal Leftist Democrats who would protect illegal aliens and keep the borders open to terrorists, yet regulate and spy on law abiding citizens. We have to fear the very politicians which you support and defend King.

It is not government we apparently have to fear King. It is Democrats who pose a threat to our freedom. Anti-Gun, Anti-Freedom Democrats!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You're the last guy I'd think of as a huffin' puffin' duped patriot, Ken.
You seem as entertained as much as I am by those who fail to recognize that all deeply held beliefs are ideological in nature, whether true or not.

Even when not part of organized religion, they're based on beliefs that require as much faith. Canadian law regarding terrorism, for example, is ideological.

This is why governments seek to control the definition of terrorism. I believe this is one of your points i.e. "terrorism" is by "others" culturally different from the dominant group.

Changing seats in Washington and Ottawa wouldn't change it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, that's the true issue is it not? Is one's ideology that of Individual Freedom and Equality, as defined by the Constitution, or one of Sociopathic, Statist, Religious Totalitarianism and unconstitutional infliction?

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Food for thought, I spent 6 years in Northwest Montana. 1 mile from the Canadian border. When the Patriot act was passed only 1 Senator opposed it. Dem. Fiengold WI. Sorry for the spelling. He was applauded where I lived. A VERY Republican area. Twice I had border patrol at my home. Once they asked, the second they TOLD me they were going to check my property. When we give up our freedoms for security, we loose both.

BEWARE OF DOGMA
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is very true Doublefan, but what seems more important is which political Party of our representative government is most prone to abusing any freedoms we voluntarily cede to them in the hope that they are looking out for our best interests as a nation.

We hope and trust that both major parties will preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. But as shooters and gun owners, we all know that it has been almost totally Democrats who have encroached and infringed upon the rights of law abiding gun owners.

And look at your personal situation with the Border Patrol since the Patriot Act was passed. Was there a credible threat from terrorists coming across the Canadian Border which is much much more secure than our Southern Border? The Democrats who now impede Customs and the Border Patrol from doing their jobs and enforcing existing laws now wish to control and regulate the internet, even as they fight tooth and nail against any efforts to control our Southern Border.

If any of us are stupid enough to vote for a party with a history of abusing and infringing upon the rights of law abiding citizens, we are going to end up losing our rights with or without a Patriot Act. That is why the following quote by King Brown is both ridiculous and dishonest...

This is why governments seek to control the definition of terrorism. I believe this is one of your points i.e. "terrorism" is by "others" culturally different from the dominant group.

Changing seats in Washington and Ottawa wouldn't change it.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Terrorism is not an ideology, it is a tactic. Changing the definition on the basis of culture is absurd. It's another example of the soviet rationalization called "Moral Equivalency", when "One Man's Terrorist is another Man's Freedom Fighter". An absurd, sociopathic, doctrinal response. It falls in line with this point of Skousen's Communist Goal list:

42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.

Last edited by Ken61; 02/25/15 05:31 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Both parties are at fault. We need to have people who work for a living being are representatives. These millionaires have no clue! Both sides are corrupted! Sorry for the rant but we need a third party who is for the lower and middle class. I drive a 2004 so I can have a Parker. I choose my purchases. My truck will die, my SxS will live on! Agree to disagree. Compromise and get things done! Don't crawl into corners!

BEWARE OF DOGMA
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doublefan
Both parties are at fault. We need to have people who work for a living being are representatives. These millionaires have no clue! Both sides are corrupted! Sorry for the rant but we need a third party who is for the lower and middle class. I drive a 2004 so I can have a Parker. I choose my purchases. My truck will die, my SxS will live on! Agree to disagree. Compromise and get things done! Don't crawl into corners!

This brings us to another point on the Skousen list.

15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.

It's the statist, mainstream Republicans who are "enabeling" Obama and the Democrats. You can speak of "compromise" all you want, but the fact is that the march toward Statism/Communism has NEVER had a single aspect of it reversed, so compromise merely facilitates its progression.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And I drive a 1995 so I can have a 1900 Lebeau Courally smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Changing definitions may be absurd but it's what we do. And just when you're making sense you raise that individual-freedom-by-constitution line.

You forget the unions---the liberal and conservative parties with their enormous unaccountable checkoffs from majorities who don't realize they're playing the punk's game.

You're an engaging and personable outlier of the unions although obliged to contribute to them because you receive public benefits legislated by the majorities.

You indulge in a radical individualism fantasy bordering on asceticism, retiring into a solitude, an utopia where each does as she pleases.

As James in Arizona, you see the Constitution and the Second as immutable and inalienable when the evidence daily demonstrates no serious longevity.

If they are what literalists claim, there would be no challenges with differing outcomes across the country as "social engineering" common to our lexicon.

Whatever individual freedom existed in the US vanished when the Puritan fathers made law collectively to keep from cutting each other's throats.

I don't think the Puritans were communists.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.