Pretty slow around here. Lets see if we can get some discussion going. Not sure if I have ever posted these before or not. A NRA sporter 30-06 and a 1922 converted to Hornet, both in the original Armory stocks as restyled by Tom Shelhamer. The one with scope bases is the 1922. The magazine conversion in this Hornet looks identical to those by G&H. I suspect that either Niedner was doing them for G&H, or G&H was doing them for Niedner. The 03 is the cleanest pre-war rifle I have ever seen. The stock, blueing, and checkering look like they came off of Shelhamers bench last week. I do not think the rifle was ever taken afield. The blue is Niedners beautiful rust blue, while the 1922 still has the armory blue, and looks to have been used a little. I still remember the gun show when my Dad found them, I was probably about 10 years old at the time. He traded a Model 21 Trap and $200 cash for the pair of rifles. The picture makes the LOP look shorter than it is. Actual LOP is about 13.25 which is about as long as you can get out of the roiginal stock when using a Niedner plate.

Regards,
John

Last edited by gasgunner; 03/06/15 12:20 PM.