Originally Posted By: Kyrie
Im getting the sense that you are new to Spanish shotguns, and are looking to make a first purchase. If thats the case my best advice, offered FWIW, is:

1) Ignore the names on the guns and just look at the gun and then buy the gun that best meets your needs, regardless of who made it. Youll pay less for the same gun.
2) Buy a used gun rather than a new gun, especially a gun made roughly during the period 1945 to 1975. That was the period that skilled hand labor was at its cheapest, and more of that skilled hand labor went into guns then than now does into guns at any similar price point. Youll get more gun for your money.

You sir are exactly right concerning my position at this time. The discussions here have been very helpful, and served to reinforce my interest. I definitely am aiming for a used Spanish gun, medium weight. I would like to use it for both sporting clays and field. I still have a long way to go however in being able to descern btwn mediocre and well made guns without having in my hands. Unfortunately that is also the biggest stumbling block for me, because my home area does not have many offerings of anykind of SXS I could see and handle. I am left relying mostly on the internet for my searching. At least I have a skilled and reliable gunsmith who was trained and certified by the English that I can send anything I might buy for proper inspection and evaluation.