I had two deer heads in to taxidermist for mounting. My first time using this guy, but I had known him for several years, and his work was good enough to give him these mounts to do, but not the best I had seen. He indicated that it would take him about 6 months to do both mounts. I paid him half down in deposit. Well at six months, I asked him how was progress, he had not rcvd the skins back from the tanner yet he said. At about nine months I pinged him for an update, some other excuse was given. Next hunting season arrived, and I figured if not done by then, it would have to wait until after that season was over, which as expected no new progress. I continued to be patient and not show him any angst. Come that spring, more than a year had past, I determined to monitor more closely, always being courteous when seeing him and making my inquiry. Always some excuss, but by then he was starting to appologize and say how he appreciated my patience. Long story short, at about the two year waiting point, we agreed I would take back all he had which included two mount blocks, tanned hides, and horns. Cost me most of the deposit, but at least I had my stuff. Went elsewhere and had them done within 2 months. Still friends more or less with the other guy, but he will never get my reccomendation for work. Again, I think if I had become nasty or less than courteous, I might not have seen them horns again.