I shot skeet with a fellow who bent the end of his barrel up to change the point of impact on every gun he owned. He claimed he had a "distorted" vision problem and needed his gun bent up to give him a point of impact three feet high at 21 yards. It was a blast to shoot one of his guns. Just had to hold under everything about a foot until the birds were at the center stake then you needed to hold under more.

His "controlled" method was to place his barrel in between two boards on the fence and gradually bend the barrel. Go shoot a few birds and repeat until his point of impact was where he wanted it. I watched him do it to a D grade 1100 barrel and I just wanted to give him a standard barrel to bend so badly. He wouldn't her of it. It was his gun and he would do with it what he wanted to. I later wished that I had bought that D grade out of his estate. I think with care it could have been restored to normal condition or left as is as a interesting conversation item.

I watched a gunsmith straighten a Browning A5 barrel by slamming in into several bags of shot. He claimed that A5 barrels were very soft and easy to bend and later bend back as needed. Took him several tries with a few shots at a pattern plate to confirm his progress. Guess he never learned the fence boards method. wink What ever works I guess.