September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Karl Graebner, Argo44, buckstix, azgreg, 375whelenIMP, 2 invisible), 422 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,879
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23
Sidelock
Sidelock

we law abiding citizens are guaranteed the right to keep and bear arms, as per the second amendment to the u.s. constitution...

however, long standing laws at the local, state and federal level do restrict and prohibit our right to keep and bear certain classes of arms.

if society, via our law makers, deem it necessary to restrict or prohibit our possession of certain classes of arms, then every good citizen should obey the law for the good of the majority.

and if some here wish to discuss further restriction and prohibition of certain classes of arms here, then why not?

what are you afraid of?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

and for those who argue there should be no restriction or prohibition of any class of arms, anywhere...well that is a rather selfish, self focused and unrealistic view, in my opinion.

they ignore the rights of others in our society who may hold views different than there own; plus they ignore the advances in weapons technology and proliferation in recent years.

to claim that the second amendment is an unalienable right is one thing... but to claim the second amendment guarantees our right to possess any arm we want is delusional?

and to demonize here those who wish to discuss controversial topics here, is a weak attempt at demagoguery.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
Originally Posted By: ed good
without specific reference, none us here know nor care what you malcontents are talking about...

I see exactly what they are talking about. And you do too.

I think ed might be a Buddhist. And I think ed might believe he is PT Barnum, reincarnated.

well, sorry, i do not know where the pictures came from nor do i know what the questions are...nor do i care.

ed I'll I tell you what. I'll make you a $100 wager. If those pictures didn't come from one of your gun ads I will make a $100 donation to Dave. If they did come from your ads you make a $100 donation to Dave.

I checked the donor list and you aren't on there. I am sure you meant to donate and it just slipped your mind. Here is your chance to put things right.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

some here are hung up on the interpretation of the second amendment.

a review of the interpretation of the first amendment seems to be in order.

lets start with this:

Justice Louis Brandeis wrote several dissents in the 1920s upholding free speech claims. here is one:

" Those who won our independence ... believed that freedom to think as you will and to speak as you think are means indispensable to the discovery and spread of political truth; that without free speech and assembly discussion would be futile; that with them, discussion affords ordinarily adequate protection against the dissemination of noxious doctrine; that the greatest menace to freedom is an inert people; that public discussion is a political duty; and that this should be a fundamental principle of the American government."

Sidelock
Sidelock

mikie: are we havin fun yet?

Sidelock
Sidelock

So, again I ask you.

Do you want to restrict semiauto pistols, semiauto rifles, semiauto shotguns, or all three?

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

ah, at last a real question...

assuming this is a genuine effort on your part to have a respectful adult conversation, lets give it a try...

i am not sure. lets discuss the pros and cons...

first we need to agree on the goal of restricting certain classes of firearms.

mine is to reduce the misuse of firearms.

seems like the most prevalent misuses of firearms involves semi automatic hand guns? do you agree?

Last edited by ed good; 04/09/15 03:46 PM.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What is the 1535 number ed? Is that the number of times you have posted anti-2nd Amendment bullshit? Or is that the number of times you supported anti-gun politicians?

If that number is GunBroker feedback, I hope you cherish it. Do you really think many, if any, of those customers would have bid on a gun being sold by an anti-gun gun dealer? You and I both know they wouldn't. But now, thanks to you being so open about your real attitudes toward gun ownership, many will know.

Thanks for cutting your own throat ed. Thanks for all your help, and thanks for adding even more proof that you think the 2nd Amendment should be restricted and infringed upon. Maybe you should sue yourself for screwing up your own business and your own reputation with your own words. What a complete idiot.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

well now keith, the 1535 number is my total number of feedbacks on gunbroker, since i first registered there in 2001.

so, lets see what happens this 2015 selling season, shall we?

an by the way, have you ever sold anything to anyone anywhere?

do you have a gunbroker account? if so, what is your feed back record?

Last edited by ed good; 04/09/15 03:53 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

ah, at last a real question...

assuming this is a genuine effort on your part to have a respectful adult conversation, lets give it a try...

i am not sure. lets discuss the pros and cons...

first we need to agree on the goal of restricting certain classes of firearms.

mine is to reduce the misuse of firearms.

seems like the most prevalent misuses of firearms involves semi automatic hand guns? do you agree?

A good place to start would be for you to tell us which semiautos you want more restrictions on. For the third time, what class of semi-autos do you propose to restrict further. Pistols, rifles, shotguns? All three?

I am glad to be here.
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.