You wouldn't happen to have any literature from that period would you? I believe Ackley operated in Trinidad up to about 1956 when he moved his shop to Salt Lake City. His barrel stamp then incorporated an "SLC" which is absent on my gun. A bit later on he either was bought out by or became associated with another company, which may be during the period you refer to.
Likewise I believe the FN actions evolved over time. The early post war ones were the "deluxe" like mine with 2 position wing safety and not drilled for scope mounts. Mine also has a military style trigger, but single stage. A bit later in the 1950's, they came drilled and tapped from the factory. About 1957 iirc, they evolved into the "supreme" which had a streamlined bolt shroud and redesigned trigger with side safety.
My action has no letters or numbers visible above the wood (perfectly legal back in 1948). All info is underneath including serial number. I think this may have been as a concession to factories and makers such as Ackley Who would then add their own information, engraving, etc., to suit.