I get what damascus said about having holes picked in one's suggestions or methods, but it must be remembered that while there may only be one correct finish for a lower grade Parker restoration, there may be dozens of ways to temper a spring or remove a stuck screw. The tiny minority who might not recognize the British contribution to double gun development aren't worth the powder to blow them up.

Ken, I've suggested you buy the four volumes of Brownell's Gunsmith Kinks knowing your interest in repair and restoration. I'd kind of like to see this sub-forum become almost a digital version of that, mostly devoted to doubles. In every subsection of the Kinks books, whether it be blueing, stock finishing, checkering, engraving, machining, etc., there are dozens of tips and techniques and different methods used by different gunsmiths. So much of the information is applicable to other things besides gun work. It is up to the reader to decide which sounds best or most feasible.

I'm always concerned about amateur gunsmiths who don't know their own limitations and screw up guns worse than they were before their well intended repair or restoration, but you'll always have that.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.