Thank you all for the warm welcome and informative replies, all are appreciated. I will have to join the German Gun Assn. and read that article.

Raimey, I was hoping you'd reply... Thank you for informing me that the gun manufacture is Kerner-Anson. I get that Franz marketed it, but why would Eduard have stamped the barrel?

I can find no markings on the frame work, only the serial number. Is there anywhere in particular I should look over again? I have added additional photos to my photobucket library, please feel free to look at them. The top of the shotgun barrels are marked "Franz Kettner" and "Koln - Suhl".

Is there anything else you can tell me about this piece? What type of lock style is it - I did not research this much at all? What kind of real value does this piece hold? I've always wanted a nice drilling and finally have one (eventually will have two... then three... then...) I am a sucker for beautiful - odd guns and I felt this one is just that... I knew I had to have it once I saw it.

Thank you all again for the information, it is greatly appreciated.

psuklinger