Any double rifle that is tight to face, has no problems with the barrels delaminating at the ribs, has decent bores, no other mechanical issues and is in the condition that one appears to be is easily worth $2,800. As Raimey said, be there this morning at the opening bell, pay the man and run like you stole it....because you just about did. If you don't, tell me where this shop is located. I paid more than that for a much older German double rifle over 20 years ago

Raimey mentioned the 9.3 X 72R Sauer and that's correct, it is similar. The 9.3 X 75R Nimrod is even closer in appearance. Easiest way is to measure the chamber cast at the rim, head, case body and length from rim to shoulder and compare them to 9.3 X 74R dimensions. They will be a bit larger than the actual cartridge but close enough to know.

I believe the use of the plug gauge to denote caliber was dropped after 1912/13 so that would date the rifle before then. Others with a better memory than mine should be along to confirm or deny that.

NRA Benefactor 2008
NRA Patron 2007
NRA Endowment 1996
NRA Life 1988