June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 360 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,612
Posts546,977
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Guys, this is nothing. I had one guy who bought a gun of mine who would only make payment to my dealer who was required to make the transfer to his dealer. My dealer said WTF, but he went ahead and received the payment for my gun and then he wrote me a check out of his account to pay me back. It was an amazing cluster to say the least. The buyer said he had been bitten by sending money to an individual before and never seeing the gun and losing his money. Bottom line is we made it work and I did see his point of view once he explained the situation.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
an ffl is less likely to handle stolen goods...no ffl wants to receive stolen goods.

That is full blown BS.
FFL on the shipping end has no clue if the gun is stolen. I purchased a handgun from an FFL in AZ a few years ago off of gun broker, and 2 years later I found out it was stolen. The only way I even found out was my FFL buddy told me the alphabet boys flagged it during an audit. I'm yet to be formally notified by the DC ding dongs. I stopped carrying it and cut it up.
An inept system at best.

Have to say Edwardo, that is one program I would support. A federal data base of stolen guns that all FFLs could access. Heck, it might even be a good thing for individuals to be able to access.
Productive legislation as long as individuals were able to get their stolen property returned.

Last edited by ithaca1; 07/13/15 08:56 PM.

Bill Johnson
bbman3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks to all for the info.We got it worked out. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

I accept guns from individuals who ship me guns to purchase. If they want to use a dealer at their end, thats ok by me. But I do not require that they use a dealer to ship guns to me to buy.

Many dealers require the sender to go through a ffl dealer. Not because they are dumb or stupid like some have suggested here. They are business people and they can make make their own store policies.

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Houston, TX

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Virginian
The National Association of FFLs has been pimping this for years. A way to double their income from transfers.

Exactly. If you haven't already done this insane transfer, I would inform the buyer that he needs to find another FFL who will accept guns from an individual. Is the buyer willing to pay all costs associated with shipping from your FFL? Many sellers inform potential bidders of this right up front in the auction description. This is as screwed up as the sellers who insist on doing an FFL transfer for a definite pre-1899 antique.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: Virginian
The National Association of FFLs has been pimping this for years. A way to double their income from transfers.

Exactly. If you haven't already done this insane transfer, I would inform the buyer that he needs to find another FFL who will accept guns from an individual. Is the buyer willing to pay all costs associated with shipping from your FFL? Many sellers inform potential bidders of this right up front in the auction description. This is as screwed up as the sellers who insist on doing an FFL transfer for a definite pre-1899 antique.

I Have a C&R FFL and I for one refuse to do any business with a dealer with this kind of butt head attitude and I have informed them of this. IMO: It's just a way to screw you out of more money.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bobby I'm glad it worked out for you.

John I understand that they have the right to set store policy. Just don't tell me it's law. If I don't like your policy I just go somewhere else. But when they act like their policy is law and convince others it is law that is just wrong.

Tut. I got beat out of money by two gunbroker sellers. One never shipped the gun, one shipped it so poorly packed my FFL refused to accept the package and it was returned. Never got the gun or my money back from one. Did get money back from second after month of arguments. Gunbroker was zero help in both cases. What saved me on one was I had split the payment up and one half was a postal money order. That gave me more leverage for mail and wire fraud. My local postmaster got involved and it was settled in three days.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple FFL's in my area charge $30.00 to do an FFL to FFL transfer, and they charge $10.00 more to accept a gun from an individual. Needless to say, they do not get my business for the 10-15 minutes of work it takes to do a transfer.

I'm glad to hear KY Jon tell us that paying with a USPS Money Order adds another layer of protection against fraud or theft. I had read that before and use them to pay for all of my Gunbroker purchases, except a few that came from established brick and mortar gun shops where I paid with a credit card. But I didn't know for certain if the Postmaster or Postal Inspectors would actually get involved and help if there was a problem.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
I accept guns from individuals who ship me guns to purchase. If they want to use a dealer at their end, thats ok by me. But I do not require that they use a dealer to ship guns to me to buy.

Many dealers require the sender to go through a ffl dealer. Not because they are dumb or stupid like some have suggested here. They are business people and they can make make their own store policies.

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Houston, TX

Yes sir. The FFL I generally use to receive my guns used to accept incoming transfers from unlicensed individuals. He suddenly stopped, and when I ask why he replied it was costing him more money than it was worth. The issue was all the unregistered machineguns, short barreled rifles, and short barreled shotguns he was getting from said unlicensed individuals and the time it took to deal with reporting and surrendering the guns to BATFE.

Folks who have never run an urban/suburban gun shop just have no idea of the craziness that comes through the doors.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Bobby I'm glad it worked out for you.

John I understand that they have the right to set store policy. Just don't tell me it's law. If I don't like your policy I just go somewhere else. But when they act like their policy is law and convince others it is law that is just wrong.

I concur.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.