It is people like Rocketman who help us to grow in our understanding of why guns "feel" like they do. I am most appreciative of this "scientific" approach to the balance and feel of guns. I held in my hands today two guns which were stocked almost identically. Both 12 gauge, both 30" barrels both by British makers a Scott sidelock from 1910 or so the other a William Evans Boxlock. In spite of the appeal of the sidelock I can tell you that it is the boxlock that I would choose over the two. Why? Both were well balanced as to centre of gravity, both weighed 6 lbs 12 ozs. Both were well stocked with DAC and DAH and Cast just about identical but the Evans was just that little bit better in "feel". Rocketman has opened a window to objective evaluation which although we choose not to jump through it is well worth the look. Maybe one day purveyors of fine arms will include MOI and other pertinent information which could assist us better in appraising a guns suitability for us from afar. Just my pennys worth.