I try not to do transfers. When I do I charge $35 for good customers and friends. It is not a money maker for me. I stop what I am doing, sign for the gun, unpack the Mickey Mouse packing, check for damage, check the serial number, log it in my book, call customer talk about his dog, the crapy weather, latest hunting trip, latest fishing trip, some other gun he wants my opinion on buying from someone else and set up a time for him to pick up the gun. Customer may or may not show up at set time and date. If he does we talk about his dog, the crapy weather, latest hunting trip, latest fishing trip, some other gun he wants my opinion on buying from someone else then he inspects the gun decides if he wants to keep and fills out the 4473. I call it in this can take any where from 2 min for a proceed to an hour for hold time for further review if the trans action results in a delay. a new appointment will be needed when it is approved. If the customer does not want it then we need to arrange for an FFL to ship it back to. If it arrives damaged or gets damaged on the return trip it can really get fun.

A shop that has clerks waiting around for customers would see it different than someone that could be working at a bench billing time.