Since my fitting I have adjusted my current guns' length of pull with a strap-on pad. It makes their dimensions just about what the fitting measurements came to except for the drop at comb. Surprisingly I find that I shoot them quite well with an extra 5/8" LOP. My gun is now completed, and just needs to be shipped to the importer. I ordered the gun with two sets of screw chokes and 28" barrels that are steel shot proofed. The maker indicated that monoblocked barrels are stronger than the other ways of making barrels, so I chose that method. I also asked if possible to make the 12GA gun with 3" chambers. The chambers are 76mm and the gun weighs 6 lb, 5 oz. I'll get a whack when I shoot 3" shells, but that won't be often. I wanted 3" chambers and steel shot proofing for shooting pheasants in South Dakota, where steel shot is required and 3" steel shells are most common. Also, I ordered standard wood, a wooden buttplate, and all the free engraving they were willing to put on the gun. It is finished in French Gray, so I did splurge and added a french gray steel grip cap. The gun is a true left hand gun in all respects, with a left hand toplever and reversed double triggers and the stock dimensions, including left hand cast I mentioned earlier.

I should mention that I have had the 8X57JRS O/U double rifle for about 2 months and the long stock is just about perfect for me with irons. I have a little trouble getting enough eye relief with a scope, but a different scope will address that. The gun weighs 7 pounds scoped and will put two Hornady 180s within an inch and a half of each other at 100yd.

Last edited by Vol423; 07/26/15 05:52 PM.