That's a funny and great anecdote. Also a great point. Your gun fit may only be as good as the person doing the fitting for you. Parker as well as others had try guns back in the heyday of SXS shotguns. Many of the Parker shotguns I have received records on, have the DAH DAC, AND LOP recorded. Some of these guns have almost 4" of drop while another only has 2 1/4". The reason I guess is many of us are built differently, and also have different shooting styles. A good fitter that understands the business of fitting can customize the dimensions of your gun to match your physical dimensions as well as your shooting style. I was fortunate enough about 10 years ago to spend an hour or more doing a fit at Michael Murphys in Kansas. It was money well spent.
It's not that I can't make things work, heck I grew up in family of 4 boys on a very small budget. Just ask me how many different size shoes I could make work.
Nothing beats a hunting boot, running shoe, or dress shoe that fits properly. I feel the same way about my shotguns.