Originally Posted By: King Brown
And that old line, It's the economy, stupid. There's little the Trumps and governments can do about economies when they're all now wrapped together by trade pacts and globalization. The issue is citizens gaining control over their democracies and institutions, and we see little of that. Mike's above is part of the malaise. What's wrong with voting for best policies?

Originally Posted By: Dave in Maine
Long story short: he will say anything - absolutely anything - he thinks will help him at that moment in time. He donated to politicians of both parties, more to buy protection and access so he could build what he wanted to build without politicians interfering. He has absolutely no problem changing his position 180 degrees like the prior statement never existed and denying the prior statement ever existed.

So we had Dave Weber, impressed with Trump's statement on Gun Rights, posting it on the main DoubleGun forum for us to digest.

And predictably, we have those like the two Liberals Dave-in Maine and King Brown quoted above, holding Trump to some higher standard than either would ever dream of holding Obama. So understandably, Dave moves this to Misfires. And now that it is in Misfires, there is no reason to hold my tongue.

As craigd noted, Obama and Hillary have had no problem reversing positions used during campaigning. And Liberals like Dave-in-Maine and King Brown have no problem ignoring that little faux pas. So Donald played the Game to get access with politicians of both sides? We already know that because he told us that. He played the system, and says it is corrupt and counterproductive to the U.S., and needs changed.

I'm more afraid of the politicians who won't admit how corrupt the system is, and who have no plans to ever change it.

You do not have to take your Mortgage interest deduction or claim dependents on your Income Taxes, but you'd be foolish not to if you can legally do so. Did Trump break any laws by making donations to get the ear of politicians? That is the real question.

Can one man change it? Who knows, but it will never change if we keep electing the same career politicians who have perverted the system? I am not endorsing Trump at this time. However, there is just cause for three non-politicians to be leading the Republican polls at this time. We now have an Aristocracy where 29% of one branch of government can pass an insane Iran Nuke Treaty that the vast majority do not want. For now at least, gun owners are the only constituency that politicians mostly listen to... when we take the time to tell them how to vote.

But I am also not endorsing any anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats who are all but guaranteed to threaten my Constitutional Rights... you know... the type of politician King Brown supports and defends exclusively. Yes, I am talking about the same King Brown who tried his best to torpedo the Second Amendment Informational Thread Dave Weber instituted in 2013 by repeatedly violating the standards Dave set forth. Dave ended up deleting his anti-gun rhetoric:

IS KING BROWN AN ANTI-GUNNER?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.