Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
....I'm not trying to validate steel shot in older guns. It has been established....

Convoluted Jm, but it's not so much thinking it through, I really learned a whole bunch when you added in the plastic gun stuff, and the expense of the sport. But, we've gone over that before.

I think you were looking for validation. What's Browning say? Does the gun have '89 proof marks on it? Doesn't matter, though.

The gun I looked at was made in mid to late 1950s and carries standard Belgian proof of that time. I'm going to pass on it due to difficulty finding wide variety of 16ga loads especially of non-lead type. One does not buy a gun without long-term prospects for usefulness.
The last produced 16ga Auto-5s came out of B.C. Miroku factory and came with standard Invector choke tubes. Unfortunately usual sample weights more than typical Belgian 'Sweet Sixteen'.
I bought .300H&H but that was because I had ample supply of older ammo from the time I owned FN Safari grade rifle. I have fixed the magazine feed issue and now can shoot four times before reloading though realistically most one is likely to get is two shots at game.