Since so many names have been proffered above , and I knew a couple of the most prominent rather well (Brister & Hill)

I'll skip over them and throw in the small work "Lock ,Stock & Barrel" by Cyril Adams and his frequent gunning pal, the late Bob Braden.

Decidedly biased toward the English side of gun manufacture and shooting , it is none the less the musings of a VERY EXPERIENCED shot gun enthusiast...

Cyril also brings the dual perspective of gunmaker (former proprietor of Atkin, Grant & Lang) and Worldly shooter, both for sport, and competitively in the "ring" sports of Flyers and Helice.

At 76 , Cyril is wrapping up his second book on shot gun shooting currently. I sat and overheard a lengthy call between the author and his publisher this summer. We were in attendance at a FITASC Helice world cup event , and between rounds , Cyril was trying desperately to explain to his publisher that their suggested collaboration between the author and a non shooting editor was becoming rather frustrating.....

Hopefully it is resolved and headed to print as I write this.....I would think that it would be a worthwhile addition to any shooter's library. I know I eagerly look forward to it...