June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
7 members (Ted Schefelbein, Jtplumb, steve white, Jeremy Pearce, 2 invisible), 481 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,574
Posts546,487
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like those who went into a store and bought them in person might have been the only ones to come out of this with shells. Shame, it was a real good price. Almost like finding gas for less than a dollar a gallon.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just received an email conformation from Cabela's containing tracking information for my shipment. Sorry to those whose orders were cancelled. In my opinion it would been money well spent by them (Cabela's) as an act of goodwill to honor the orders. Shutting off the sale is one thing cancelling orders is another.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

I called Customer (No) Service and got no love.
I say we get the torches and pitchforks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am in the same position as Ken. My computer order indicated the shells were in stock. I think its just the back orders that Cabelas is reneging on. Bad Business!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Overnight, I got a confirmation that my shells have been shipped, including a tracking number. My buddy who ordered about 90 minutes after I did, got a cancellation. Could be they just ran out of inventory. I was on the phone with another buddy while he was ordering and his computer showed "backorder" at the same time that my computer showed "in stock." System may have been overwhelmed.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My buddy ordered just minutes after I did and they cancelled his order. As stated earlier I received confirmation of shipment this morning. Bad deal!!!!!!

Last edited by Ken Nelson; 11/05/15 04:39 PM.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

My order shows as cancelled as well. I inquired by email; interested in the response I get. Oh well; only ordered two flats and didn't really need them. Not gonna lose any sleep over it.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Simple fact o' the matter is that none of the negatives expressed here has remotely affected the stock prices; it just went up 10% today on rumors of an imminent or possible buyout by Bass Pro.

Regardless, one cannot buy the components in today's market to make 28gram reloads utilizing new shot for the price quoted, inclusive of FREE labor(!); that tells me it was an honest mistake. Happy for those whose orders were honored; respect those that were cancelled, if there was, in fact, wording to the effect that they were NOT required to honor printing errors.

Com'on people, we all know that you cannot even buy the components to load a box of 1oz. reloads that inexpensively in the present market.

Gimme a break; some hit home runs, others hit fouls. Its life, get over it.

Do garage & estate sales if you need to look for treasure. Who knows(?), it might even werk .. now and again.

Last edited by tw; 11/06/15 01:49 PM. Reason: spelling/clarity
Sidelock
Sidelock

My out in the tulis order must have gone through, I show a pending payment to C and no cancelation notice, will have to keep an eye on it.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tw

C'mon people, we all know that you cannot even buy the components to load a box of 1oz. reloads that inexpensively in the present market.

That really has nothing to do with why the big stores sometimes offer products at below what we think is the cost of production, Gary. They make decisions sometimes that seem dumb to us. Academy had boxes of 10, Rio Bismuth, 3", 1 1/4 oz., #4s, yesterday for $11.99/box, online. They knew what they were selling, and honored the purchases. I think it's a pretty good bet they were selling them below their cost. Why? Who knows?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.