[quote=Maxey Brantley]The rest of the specs:

BBLs are 28 3/8"; choked .007/.014. Weight with Old English pad is 6 1/4 lbs. I have 2 other vintage 16 guns, and the dynamics of this gun are noticeably superior, and the other 2 are no slouches.

Keep comments coming; always something to learn from these exchanges.

Oh, I forgot to mention, this is #2 of a pair (sigh!).

Maxey, it is a very nice gun. However, in the spirit of "always something to learn," I'd like to express a differing point of view on the dynamics/handling aspect. The judgment expression of "noticeably superior" implies that there is universal handling goodness inherent to the gun. I'd postulate that the gun, based on the description given, has relatively low unmounted and mounted swing efforts (MOI). I'd even guess that this gun is on the ragged edge of where many/most shooters find such handling difficult to shoot well. From my data base I offer up a very similar gun: Arrietta M-871 SLE (16/20 ga set), weight = 6# 5oz, balance = 4 1/2" in front of the trigger, unmounted swing effort = 1.39, mounted swing effort = 6.39, 16 bore, 29" bbls, 14 5/8", 10.08 = compactness. The average Brit game gun has an unmounted swing of 1.45. Below that number an increasing number of shooter experience "whippy" handling issues. The take away here is that objective handling numbers are like stock dimensions in that they are facts about the gun but are more or less desirable based on the individual judging them. For example, only rarely do we hear someone describe stock dimensions as "perfect (or similar)" as most recognize that desirability of stock dimensions depends on the individual. As with stock dimensions, handling characteristics have no optimums.

I surely hope I've given no offense. Just trying to pass along some hard won learning.

DDA