June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
7 members (j7l2, Austin Hawthorne, fallschirmjaeger, ithaca1, Marks_21, 1 invisible), 252 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,630
Posts547,167
Members14,431
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Did you ever read "The Big Show" by RAF pilot Pierre Clostermann- day by day survival against the Luffwaffe in 1940-1941, when Fleiger Hauptmann Eric Hartmann was the nemesis of the RAF- and the Abbieville Boys ruled the skies over France and the English channel? Great read- as is my favorite poem "High Flight", written the year I was born 1941- by Canuck test pilot John Gillespie Magee Jr.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Did you ever read "The Big Show" by RAF pilot Pierre Clostermann- day by day survival against the Luffwaffe in 1940-1941, when Fleiger Hauptmann Eric Hartmann was the nemesis of the RAF- and the Abbieville Boys ruled the skies over France and the English channel? Great read- as is my favorite poem "High Flight", written the year I was born 1941- by Canuck test pilot John Gillespie Magee Jr.

"Never in history has so much been owed by so many too so few."

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

i know sbt's arent sbs, but still they were quality guns. are we allowed to talk about them?

i can remember that this use to be a war zone where m21 owners and all the others were would go at it with gloves off! dont tell me, are those days long gone?

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
Sidelock
Sidelock

We have a few dedicated trap shooters, the late John Mann shot a lot of clay birds, as I recall. Dr. Sane pops in, here and there, and has been known to have an opinion on higher end trap guns.

The "Klunkermeister", Russ Ruppel, spent a lot of time putting the model 21 guys in their place. As far as he was concerned, that was right beneath the model 311 Stevens! Russ is another that is no longer with us, too bad, I miss him and John.
The term "Butt-Ugly model 21" was coined by Russ, perhaps. He used that term, a lot.

I think you will find the place a little bit different, and yet, a bit the same. We have a good crop of English gunmakers and 'smiths who have very good answers for questions on very good guns, and a few people very knowledgable about old school Yank guns.

Welcome back.

Best,
Ted

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

i can remember some real knock down drag out fights!
lol.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Welcome, all civil discourse is always welcomed by all.

Each of us has a variety of knowledge and experience which is of use to all of us

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: bobski
i can remember that this use to be a war zone where m21 owners and all the others were would go at it with gloves off! dont tell me, are those days long gone?

lol.

There are several here who swear that never happened, and that the "olden days" here were nothing but civility, tranquility, and good will toward all men. They will also maintain that it is only political or 2nd Amendment type threads that have degenerated into mud slinging or name calling. When it happens here, they will also claim that it never ever happens on other boards. Providing links or other proof that they are wrong will only make you the bad guy. Probably the biggest change is that more whiners have learned how to complain to Dave when they get their panties in a knot. Ever since "don't ask, don't tell" the world has been overrun with all this "Hope and Change" crap. I wouldn't be surprised to see a LGBT gunners forum to replace Misfires.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
lol.

There are several here who swear that never happened, and that the "olden days" here were nothing but civility, tranquility, and good will toward all men. They will also maintain that it is only political or 2nd Amendment type threads that have degenerated into mud slinging or name calling. When it happens here, they will also claim that it never happens on other boards. Providing links or other proof that they are wrong will only make you the bad guy.
Politics, like old Clint Eastwood movie- brings out the: Good, bad and ugly" in all of us-it would seem--lok at the current contretemps betwixt Donny-Boy and Billary, for an example of the Ugly--and thanks to our Founding Fathers and the Big 10 Amendments, we have Free speech-and other priceless freedoms as well-RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ahhh now im starting to remember.
a thread starts out about a parker, it turned towards only certain kinds of people would be caught dead shooting a parker, then it evolved into a name calling episode...then in came the wind and poooof.
lol.
lucky me, i walk both sides of the coin when it comes to makes and models. if it goes bang, i shoot it!

bobski Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ted, pm me about your old navy plane books..........

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.