I was shooting pheasant at a preserve in Ontario called Griffith Island. About 2900 acres, private, with about 80 members. My host and I had just finished pushing a field with two other hunters and were standing near the road that marked the end of the field.

After about a minute of discussion about what we were going to do next, two pheasant took off from a hillside about 150 yards away and flew directly overhead at somewhere between 40 and 60 yards straight up (I'm bad at guessing vertical distance...it was high). My host and I had both seen them get up and it was safe and within the etiquette of the place so we quickly loaded and took our shots. I took mine slightly before it was overhead so as it was falling, I realized it was falling directly at me. I shifted my gun to my left hand, reached straight up with my right and caught the bird with a straight arm, then continued to hold it above my head as I turned to the other hunters and guides with an attitude that said "This is how you collect a bird!"

Everyone fell over laughing.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia