I thank you all for your input to what has become a very informative thread on the .410.

As John E, Gary W & KY John stated, the .410 is enough gun if used for what it is intended & within it's capabilities.
If I am down the creek with the 30 30 to shoot pigs & I see a Buffalo 200 yards out on the flats, am I going to shoot him ? The answer is no, of course. On the other hand if the buff was down the creek & on the end of my barrel I could empty all 7 into him thereby guaranteeing a kill. I learned this at 19 when hunting Buffs with a 12 G Greener double & buckshot. I near got killed myself.
So yes Samuel Hoggson I will not hunt pigs with the .410 single I have now while I have a 30 30, 308 & 54 flinter. I just thought heavy loads, quick second shot, bit of sport, ya know, but Nah ! you are correct.

Concerning gun purchases. Since when has need been a priority when desire overcomes. Fin2Feather says they are cute. Good enough for me.
Others said light to carry, even better.
I do not have one in a double, another justification.

The kid next door is ready for shotgun shooting at 15 but he is small framed & a twelve might knock him about too much. A .410 would be good to start him with & it might possibly lessen the chances of him developing a flinch as KY pointed out. This I would hope would carry over to shooting a twelve better at a bit latter on. Just like I started at 14 with a 22RF & then went to 303 & 25 06.

John Roberts, you do not know me or my capabilities or my trade skills yet you say a fore end iron & wood is a bridge too far. I said I can do it & I am equipped with the workshop machinery & metal work skills that makes many such pieces of what is very simple machine parts. Hardening & tempering & forging & welding are all included. I am not Dewey Vicknair & neither do I need be him to scale down the working principle of a 12 to .410 fore end & then make one.

All in all I think that I will go & buy this gun even if it is just for fun.
O.M