Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....I see you're avoiding my challenge to actually start a thread with evidence from some contrarian SCIENTIST (that would not be....Craig....

....I saw a bald eagle in Iowa, just yesterday, feasting on a road-killed deer. Same area where I used to live and hunt 25+ years ago . . . and never saw bald eagles. But that's all anecdotal, not terribly scientific. I've never held up my observations--nor my opinions, for that matter--as good science....

Thanks for starting this new thread Larry. It'll take me quite a while to read the good links that you provided, and correlate it to your scientific findings. Disclaimer, snipped and quoted in my prefered method.

I can't for the life of me figure out why you went off topic and mention road-kill. Apparently, the formerly 'good science', your observational opinion, that deer hunters are in a heap of environmental trouble except for their political clout, is now not good enough? Not long ago, you were very adamant that Mr. eagle was likely consuming lead fragments. You make an excellent contrarian scientist, but can I suggest it be contrarian to me for the sake of barking, rather than contrarian to your recent position.

Hey, did you know that all waterfowl/lead shot science has to be 'good' because waterfowl are only hunted in small, concentrated, heavily used areas, and the uplands are always, except for migratory doves, spread over vast, miniscule concentration lead safe zones? Thus, the beauty of #4 lead shot.