Originally Posted By: gunut
$3000.....give or take grin..

come on its an American made boxlock...... smirk
Indeed, one that took 2000 blue pill over-proof loads, and made a Purdey and a few other fine guns- "bite the dust". The M21 Dad left me has had a lot of rounds through it before it came to me, still on face, ejectors in time-I have left the trigger selector to fire the right barrel first ever since 1981-works like a Rolex tells time. The "spring assisted" opening feature makes some folks think the action is loose, when the push the top lever over to un-breech the gun- As far as "graceful" handling and balance- Like a solid Stevens 311 or an Ithaca NID-waaay over-priced on today's market, IMO. But because I will never sell any of the "family" guns that came my way over time, I really don't give a good rattlin'damn what the market values may be- One of my gunning pals at our Pheasant Farm Hunting Club bought a pre-WW2 M21- Skeet 26" WS-1 and WS-2, PG, BT-SST and AE from Wm. Larkin Moore in AZ and paid about $2500 for it- Marked SKEET on the bottom of the receiver, very nice wood and checkering-But way heavier than my Field Grade, with the splinter forearm and 28" barrels.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..