Here is a flickr album of the weapon. https://flic.kr/s/aHskmJRF1f

It belonged to my brother in law's father who was a genuine cowboy in Northern Arizona. I also have three Winchesters, an 1873 44-40, an 1894 30-30 and a 1885 Lowall Single Shot. The gentleman passed away 20 years ago and all the weapons were in a gun safe in California. No one there had much interest as my BIL is badly disabled so it took me this long to get them here to Georgia. A buddy of mine is a guitar repairman and he has the stock right now and plans to put it back together. I found a gunsmith on YouTube that makes replica Purdey's and he said he could either fix the triggers (I have all the pieces) or make a new one. When I first realized what a Purdey was we thought that it might be very valuable but have since learned from several sources that it really is not. My plan now is to get it as much back to original and hang it on the wall.

My BIL said he and his dad would go out to the foothills and shoot when he was a kid. I know his dad loaded his own ammo and as quite a jack of all trades. He was a guard at the Territorial Prison and my sis let his Colt 45 so. . .somewhere!

Last edited by raven316; 03/04/16 10:04 AM.