No, you have it right- I have never owned or shot a: 16, a 10 or a .410. I own a Model 12 in 28 gauge, but have never shot it- as I took it to settle a debt-and as I am a rather frugal SOB, I can't make myself pay twice what the 20 gauge ammo costs for about the same performance. I'll always love the std. (and 3" Magnum) 12 gauges Uber Alles dem schrottflinten. I have two 3" Mag Model 12's, and a LC Smith Ideal Grade LONGRANGE ejector gun- all with Full choked barrels- like the late Elmer Keith said- "You mean it kills them TOO DEAD". Dead in the air, an explosion of feathers- and a short and easy task for the 4 legged amigo doing the retrieving. And as I give away 90% of the game birds I shoot in season, machts Nichts as to how many shot pellets it took to kill the bird grave-yard dead. As the late Nash B. once said, in his article "The Dove" "You've about had all the trhills shotgunning awing can offer when you see your overhead bird crumple dead in mid-air" Amen to that--or a big old Canada going ass-over-teacup over the deeks- Great!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..