Originally Posted By: King Brown
We all sin. Dave has set it up to make us be good. It's a great improvement. Tap DoubleGun now and that's what we get, all about our guns and shooting---not a zoo.

That's seriously funny shit King... seeing the alpha male baboon complaining that political commentary turned this place into a zoo!

It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

The Court departed from the original understanding of the Second. The NRA and other groups rejected the original interpretation. Even as late as 1991, the jurist Burger appointed by Nixon said "the Second Amendment has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word 'fraud,' on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In 2008, in the District of Columbia v. Heller, what Burger said was fraud was accepted by the court. Interesting stuff.

Levin and Stevens, on this evidence, appear to believe that the Second amendment should only apply only to those who keep and bear arms while serving in the militia, and not as an individual right. Stevens goes further in his book, saying democratic processes should decide on the matter, not the judges, as a remedy for "what every American can recognize as an ongoing national tragedy."

All from a Reagan conservative and a Nixon-appointed jurist.

Now King, that was just shameful to intentionally misrepresent what Mark Levin really believes about the 2nd Amendment. Here's what the man actually has to say about it:
http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-the-...cal-government/

....Americans choose how they want to live, accept mass murder, mass school executions, mass incarceration (suddenly recognized as wrong). As much as they dislike it, little is done about it. Democracies make choices but few modern countries are as burdened in solving these societal problems as the US with three centuries of a ruinous race legacy.

The Second is what originalists and others want it to be, the former seeing any variances as infringements. So it goes and ever will be. It is not inviolable and inalienable as some members want all of us to believe.

Democracies make choices. Americans accept mass murder to defend an individual right to bear arms in the name of personal freedom.

Do you really think we accept mass murder??? That's disgusting! And what do we make of an atheist such as yourself invoking the name of Jesus to try to make us feel guilty about protecting our Constitutional Rights?

The roots I'm comfortable with are the radical---"to get to the root of"---and that's Jesus's teaching. The shame is how far the Christian community has drifted from it. We act irrationally from fear when the Christian message is to fear not, even death itself.We call ourselves Christian nations and stockpile ammunition, need concealed carry to protect ourselves and a regulated militia without regulations to protect us from our own governments, abandoning Jesus's teaching to defend it.

And who could forget this statement which you repeated so many times, even after being shown United Nations statistics on murder rates around the world which proved you were absolutely incorrect?

Misfires seems near unanimous that there's no correlation between the number of guns and surpassing US gun violence, and that more guns lowers a homicide rate experienced nowhere else in the developed world.

I believe there is a connection---as most liberals do--- and that those conservative and liberal countries with exceedingly lower rates are a result of their democratically chosen, more-onerous, freedom-restricting regulations, common-sense or not.

I commented earlier on the cultural differences between the US and other countries in this respect, including how differently the US and Canada developed. Why do Americans dismiss the graphs and statistics?

So King, who is it that insisted upon dismissing graphs and statistics in order to advance his Anti-2nd Amendment agenda? In my opinion, the little feud between Mike and jOe is nothing compared to this disgusting anti-gun rhetoric. What right do you have to demonize them?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.