September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (liverwort, Silvers, 1 invisible), 251 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,939
Posts550,918
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary, plain and simple. Trump has said he is strongly FOR 2nd amendment rights. I believe him. He's not perfect, but he's just what we need at this point to win the POTUS and begin taking our country back.

Stay home and be part of the problem, Larry, or get on board the train and fight to take our country back. We need you.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I will hold my nose and vote for trump for three reasons. One I have a Top Secret Security Clearance now and have had one since I was 24 years old. 36 years total. If I did what Hillary has done regarding her emails and classified material (marked or unmarked doesn't matter) in those emails I would have been fired and would have never been allowed to hold a security clearance again and would mostly be lucky not to be in jail. Two, I have zero I mean zero doubt she would be coming after guns. Three I don't want her picking the next two or three Supreme court justices.

Trunk has warts. Lots of them, but I think he is smart and I think he does have the ability to compromise. Beyond the bluster I think he will listen and his mind can be changed with logic.

In short Trump wins in my mind.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Anyone who doubts Donald Trump is not qualified for this job after witnessing a complete poseur like Obama for the past 7 1/2 years has no brains.

Well, I have no doubt Trump is not qualified to be POTUS. Good to know that some who disagree recognize their shortage of brainage. smile

Neither Trump nor Clinton give a damn about speaking truth, and neither cares a whit about gun rights.

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 05/18/16 06:58 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It often seems to me, that many people on this forum think this election is ONLY about the 2nd amendment...It actually involves more issues that than, REALLY...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie
Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Anyone who doubts Donald Trump is not qualified for this job after witnessing a complete poseur like Obama for the past 7 1/2 years has no brains.

Well, I have no doubt Trump is not qualified to be POTUS. Good to know that some who disagree recognize their shortage of brainage. smile

Neither Trump nor Clinton give a damn about speaking truth, and neither cares a whit about gun rights.

Jay

Why do you think Trump is not qualified to be President, Jay.
JR

Sidelock
Sidelock

John, I'll just pick two aspects of his narcissistic temperament that disqualify him for me. Aside from what I said of both Clinton and Trump before, I can't vote for a man to be president who obsessively tweets criticisms of Megyn Kelly in the middle of the night, or one so hung up about the "short-fingered vulgarian" label Spy magazine gave him that over the past 30 years he's repeatedly sent photos of his hands to the guy who pinned it on him with handwritten notes pointing out that his fingers aren't really that short. The man ignores being called "vulgarian", but disputes over decades (most recently about a year ago) with a writer for a long-defunct satirical magazine who called him "short-fingered"?

A man of this temperament as Commander-in-Chief? Not for me.

The Clinton-Trump campaigns will be very ugly things.

Jay

Last edited by Gunflint Charlie; 05/18/16 08:44 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm hoping for campaign focusing on important issues facing people of the United States. Knowing who is running I expect continuation of the "Jerry Springer Show". crazy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tut, I'm with you about the security violations. Unfortunately, those rules seem to apply only to guys like you and me, with TS clearances. Politicians blab secrets and nothing happens. I hope it does to Hillary . . . but I'm not holding my breath.

As for Trump on guns, right from his own book, "The America We Deserve":

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today's Internet technology, we should be able to tell within 72 hours if a potential gun owner has a record."

Interesting to see the "I'm 100% behind the 2A!" crowd disregard a statement like that. Let's see . . . your daughter's being stalked. She gets a restraining order on the scumbag, but you know what those are worth. She goes to the local gun store and is told "You have to wait 3 days for approval to buy a gun." Scumbag shows up that night. One more victim of gun control.

I'm not a politician, but my "record" is that I've taken one political position on gun rights. 2008, Iowa Republican caucuses. Attendees get to propose planks for the state party platform. At the time, Iowa was a "may issue" state for concealed carry. County sheriffs could reject a CC application for pretty much any reason they wanted. Almost impossible to get CC in some counties. My proposal was to change that to "shall issue": the sheriff needs to show a valid reason to REJECT an application for CC. Someone else proposed a "friendly amendment" to my motion: We extend reciprocity to all states that accept our Iowa CC permit. I gladly accepted that addition to my proposal. Iowa has since changed from may issue to shall issue, and I'm proud of whatever part I played in that change. My proposal, by the way, was unanimously approved by the 100-something Republican voters who attended the caucus.

Guess I should run for office . . . no thanks!

Last edited by L. Brown; 05/18/16 09:04 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

We've gotten where we are with the spit and polish lawyer/politician guys who lay down when asked and spend our country into oblivion. I could not care less about some obscure account of tweets and sarcastic jabs about things of zero import.

What I do want is a street-smart businessman who will quickly tell someone to kiss his ass rather than lay down and play along with some politically expedient scheme that sells this country farther down the river, someone who puts America's interests first.

I want a guy who reverses our current course 100%. Donald Trump fits the assignment. He's an imperfect candidate and I realize that, but throughout history there are many unlikely examples of people who took on the mantle of patriotic duty to save their nation from destruction. Quit whining about the mule, just load the wagon.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 05/18/16 10:57 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Trump learned from the Mitt Romney disaster in 2012, and he doesn't suffer fools. In politics and the media there are a lot of fools.

Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.