September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (David Williamson, 12boreman, 2 invisible), 440 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,856
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Those who don't like him seem to be determined to dig through a mountain of Hillary's shit to try to find some warts on Trump.

Great analogy.

Kinda like the bird dog that loves to roll in cow poop....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's one more reason to vote for Trump.

He destroyed Jeb Bush (although I liked Jeb) with a single short line....."Low energy". laugh

That there is some political brilliance! I will go to my grave laughing about that one.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads

When I'm lost in the urban jungle I usually end up at Lafayette Coney Island. You might have to step over a couple bums and knock out an overly aggressive panhandler, but it beats the heck out of sitting under a bush in the snow waiting to garrote a bird.

Just when I think it can't get any better, you top yourself, LR. This stuff is golden. Are you a professional comedian or do you just play one on DG?

I sure hope others are tuning into this.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Only an idiOt would want another Bush in the White House....

"Low energy" was a great use of words.

I think what Trump really wanted to say was the obvious Jeb Bush is slOw in the head but it would've offended to many other slOw in the head people.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Only an idiOt would want another Bush in the White House....

"Low energy" was a great use of words.

I think what Trump really wanted to say was the obvious Jeb Bush is slOw in the head but it would've offended to many other slOw in the head people.

jOe, Jeb may be many things, including a crappy politician, but he is not slow. There is a big difference between being adept at political speech and sound bites and being smart or slow. In fact, it's likely his nerdy intelligence retarded his political career precisely because it reduced his ability to give good sound bites to the press. His nature meant he tried too hard to give the complete answer rather than what would sound good on tv.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeb is ok. Jeb seem uncomfortable nervous in front of speaker/camera do in no small measure to DJT. I do not care for DJT and only see him in good light based on comments made by Vladimir Putin and Newt Gingriche.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Originally Posted By: craigd
I think the worse thing that Trump could've been saddled with was that he is a rich old white guy. It would have nothing

Craig, it seems to me that Trump is trying to turn the usual perception of "rich" on its head....

I don't think he's trying, it seems to me that he is. I believe he is filthy rich, older, and a white guy who will accept gobs of money to run this race. My point is, whether approached from feeling based ideology or factual analysis, the negative connotation is not resonating with lefties.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Jeb is ok. Jeb seem uncomfortable nervous in front of speaker/camera do in no small measure to DJT. I do not care for DJT and only see him in good light based on comments made by Vladimir Putin and Newt Gingriche.

The fact that you admire, as you allude to here and have mentioned before, a corrupt dictator, who uses fear and murder to marginalize his opponents and cow his people, speaks volumes and as far as I'm concerned, disqualifies you from engaging in this or any other political discussion on this site.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I attended an event (at Brownell's new facility just down the road) at which Jeb spoke. He was introduced by a retired admiral, who pointed out that 30 of his fellow retired flag officers (admirals and generals) were supporting Jeb. That caught my attention from the get-go. Pretty decent recommendation for the guy who's applying to be Commander in Chief.

Jeb's stump speech was OK. But I was more impressed during his Q and A session, which lasted close to half an hour. No matter the subject the questioner raised--guns, agriculture, people with disabilities--Jeb came up with good answers. When he finally dropped out of the campaign, I remember someone writing that he was prepared for a campaign of ideas, and it turned out to be a campaign of personalities. He'd obviously done his homework. Quite a contrast to Trump.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....Jeb's stump speech was OK....

....He'd obviously done his homework. Quite a contrast to Trump.

I think some of us here have done homework on the issues and could misfire about them all day long. If his time on the stump was just OK, he probably didn't do near the homework or give the commitment that it would take to still be in the race.

He and his high dollar support group should've figured out why he was perceived as just being OK, and done the homework to fix the problem, not wait around and hope an uncommitted voter sits a half hour deep into a Q&A session. I bet if he pretended to cough up a chunk of lung and blamed it on climate change, that alone would've gotten him a week or two deeper into the primaries.

I like folks who're sharp on the issues with good ideas and solutions, but is it enough? That family has also disappointed me. Interesting how civil and quietly former presidents will grin through the demonizing and polarization of 'the last eight years', then turn and attack within their own party.

Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.