Well Craig, you can toss red meat to the "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more!" crowd and do well on the stump, while talking about deporting 11 million illegals, building a wall and getting the Mexicans to pay for it, and making America great again. All wonderful applause lines, courtesy of a reality star.

What I meant with the "just OK" part is that Jeb is not a great orator. But how many JFK's, Ronald Reagans, and--dare I say it--Bill Clintons are there?

Reagan had ideas that caused him to be accused of being simplistic. Like on the Cold War: "We win, they lose!" But he had a plan to get there. And did. Trump, on the other hand . . . is attacking him an attack within the party? Is it an attack on a real Republican or a real conservative? Trump likes to point out that Reagan had once been a New Deal Democrat. But he came to political prominence giving speeches for Barry Goldwater, and had served as governor of California. His credentials were pretty clear. Trump has been a Republican and a conservative . . . maybe since the start of this election cycle? Most Republicans don't donate to the Clintons and Rahm Emmanuel.