My son will be spending a couple of months this summer, this fall and again next summer in panhandle Alaska, often on islands doing a study on isolation and tribal dynamics or something like that (it's anthropology). I don't want him up there with only bear spray. I thought to get him a Remington 870 pump with a slug barrel. But the Stoeger 12a coach gun is even shorter and lighter. I don't think in the event of a bear attack he'd get off more than two rounds anyway. One barrel with 00, one with a slug should do the trick and you can still shoot birds with 8 shot.

There are a lot of videos about the gun on line including ways to clean it up, take off the burrs. It's apparently quite popular for "cowboy shoots" or something like that. I was thinking of the nickel finish just because of the enormous amounts of rain that falls in that area..and chambered for 3" (though he'd shoot 2 3/4), double-trigger. This guns weighs 6.5 lbs. He'd need a sling. Anyone have experience with this gun? I looks like it kicks like an M-1 Garand.

Last edited by Argo44; 06/03/16 06:57 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch