September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Travis S, Gunning Bird), 197 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,910
Posts550,659
Members14,458
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dal
Canvasback, our country is FAR from perfect. No country ever will be......ever. The justice system can also be imperfect, and at times, down right unfair. It is run by humans, and humans are fallible....some more than others unfortunately.

I agree with several of your points about the nanny state, which is why I did not vote liberal.

You would be surprised about how much we might agree upon. But being Canadian, I will not hate you for your views, or consider you and idiot, on points where we disagree.

Dal, when did personal hatred come into the discussion? Ask King about me if you wish to know something of who I am. I do however, respond when I see posts that don't appear to make sense to me. Like you suggesting our gun laws were not strict in comparison to the US.

Please note when I responded, I wasn't saying one was better or one was worse....I was simply making the point that by almost any objective measure it is clear that Canadian gun laws are more restrictive than American gun laws.

And BTW, as someone who has imported and exported guns to and from various countries including the US, I am well familiar with the anomalous situation in the US regarding crossing borders with gun related items, be they state or national borders.

I agree, we do probably agree about lots....in fact I know we do. I follow your posts on some other sites. But, like every single other person I have ever met, including everyone on this site, I know we don't agree on everything. Which is fine by me. That's why we talk about stuff. If you, me, King, Keith and Mike agreed on every single thing, what would the point of talking be. I come on this site to learn and hope that in the same way, others may occasionally learn something from me. That's all. Doesn't matter the subject.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: dal
'...to suggest our guns laws are not strict in comparison to the US...'

Where my statement did I 'suggest' your statement above?

'kieth....tell us about our Canadian gun laws and how strict they are please.'

Please read my text, not what you 'think' I said.

In Canada I can own handguns, black guns, hunting guns....

I think you said exactly what you suggested, but since you're a stickler for detail.

It's my understanding, that you don't have the right to own much of anything. There are differences between theory and practice, but you must seek permission to be licensed. What if your PAL mother Canada pulls that permission, or better yet bases her permission on how much money she can squeeze out of you, for fairness of course?

Excellent point Craig. We have no property rights of any kind in Canada....a tragic failure of Pierre Trudeau and his Liberal ilk when they conned the country with our "Declaration of Rights and Freedoms".

Last edited by canvasback; 06/26/16 12:47 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Canada has a less violent, more progressive social environment, a better educational and health system, reasonable gun laws etc because its citizens talk and act that way through their legislatures, Mike.

The country is not dysfunctional to the point it's currently paraded before the world. Our laws work for us, which is more than you can say for yours on the evidence of the schisms of your political parties reflecting how all Americans are fed up with them.

I don't feel encumbrances on my gun rights as you do on yours. I would protest taking assault rifles to a public meeting. I don't need to carry a gun for personal protection as so many Americans do. What you call strict I believe reasonable. We don't lock doors in the surrounding countryside, either.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"We don't lock doors...."

Interesting. Maybe I'll raid the fridge while I'm at it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....I don't feel encumbrances....

....I don't need to carry a gun for personal protection as so many Americans do....

Hey dal, take a gander at the wording. All any of us truly need is big brother, but what we want and do are at polar opposites to the mantra. It's probably better not to admit to something that's illegal in Canada?

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quote:
"Judging by the number of dead children in the U.S, and the lack of statistics showing how people have defended off a home invasion with a gun.....it sounds like a good idea, but in practice....

I'm going to refute the "dead children" B.S. right here and now. The number consists of anyone under the age of 18 being counted as a child. Many of the ghetto gangbangers are under this age and the kill each other with remarkable consistency. That is what grossly inflates the "dead children" number but you will never hear a "Democrat" admit this.
The is just more Libtard B.S. just like the 30,000 "homicides" they keep using which includes suicides and justifiable shootings and the earlier whopper that 90% of the guns used in Mexican crime come from the United States.
Keep one thing in mind regarding "Democrats": If their lips are moving they are probably grossly exaggerating something or out and out lying.
Keith has been demonstrating this on a regular basis here when it comes to King Brown.

Last edited by James M; 06/26/16 01:59 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

'Dal, when did personal hatred come into the discussion?'

That was not directed at you Canvasback. Sorry if it came across that way. blush

'.I was simply making the point that by almost any objective measure it is clear that Canadian gun laws are more restrictive than American gun laws.'

Again we agree.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't worry, Jim. King's day of reckoning will come. He's going to wake up one morning minus a tree and an empty fridge.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
What you call strict I believe reasonable.

Every year Canada's and Australia's "gun rights" dribble away. A converted revolver's original caliber makes it illegal now, and it is so by just a police fiat. Australia's parliament has or is about to make certain lever action long arms illegal.

And so, in this forum, you argue for US politicians and a party that would impose "reasonable" gun control on us. You tell us that our Second Amendment rights are not important when we vote, that social justice, inequality, and redistribution of wealth are paramount issues for us.

You simultaneously criticize our choices and refuse to debate specifics. Do you think law-abiding American citizens should be able to own semi-auto rifles with removable magazines? What about semi-auto pistols?

Do you think we should have to have background checks when we give a shotgun to our son or sell one to our next door neighbor?

These issues are where the skirmish line is now in the US. If we lose those then a different class of weapons will be marked by the Democrats, say pump shotguns or lever action rifles.

But you won't take a stand because you know you can't defend those "reasonable" restrictions.

And you praise Obama and the Democrats and their politicians that want to suppress our rights. You snipe, slander, and smear the party and the candidates that support our Second Amendment rights. Even though it is settled law that the Second Amendment means we have a personal right to keep and bare arms you dispute that SCOTUS decision.

I think you frequently speak against the gun rights that Americans currently have. Appears you are happy with the ones that you still have.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whoa, just stopped to reply on your second sentence. Never assume, Mike. I don't argue for any party to impose anything on Americans.

I have said often Americans choose how they want to live and accept the consequences of their actions.

You decide what the skirmish lines are, not me. I say what I believe are reasonable restrictions, as Canadians have through their legislatures.

I praised Obama who majorities of Americans believed would make a better president than others on offer. He'll be remembered as a great president.

You and I disagree respectfully but that doesn't make one less than the other. We're participating in a forum where a wide range of opinions are as common as rain.

I am happy with our gun laws and empathize with those in our fraternity who would make them closer to their wishes.

I also believe if Americans were polled---and maybe they have been---a majority of Americans would say there are too many guns in America.

None of this makes me anti-gun in any way.

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.