June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
7 members (Der Ami, Drew Hause, SamW, R Reynolds, battle, 1 invisible), 199 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,630
Posts547,159
Members14,431
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's a thought to ponder...

"Am I an idiot?"

After considerable and careful analysis of this question I have come to the conclusion that yes, all ya'll are idiots.

(Right on thru)
https://youtu.be/Py91zZgO8dc

Last edited by lonesome roads; 06/26/16 03:11 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I praised Obama who majorities of Americans believed would make a better president than others on offer. He'll be remembered as a great president.

Majorities? Yes, but remember that one vote above 50% constitutes a majority. Tell you what .... find one American who voted Republican that will say that Obama turned out better than they thought he would. If you can't, I have heard many say they voted for Obama and now regret it.

A great president? Yes, certainly .... by those for whom he championed their causes. Like you.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whoa, just stopped to reply on your second sentence. Never assume, Mike. I don't argue for any party to impose anything on Americans.
I didn't state that you argue for any party to impose anything on Americans. I argued that you argue for parties and politicians that are attempting to suppress Second Amendment rights. I state that you criticize at every opportunity our politicians and our party that support Second Amendment rights. And I argued that you tell us we need to quit holding our right to keep and bare arms so dear and put "social justice" issues ahead of that right.

You decide what the skirmish lines are, not me. I say what I believe are reasonable restrictions, as Canadians have through their legislatures.
Yet you root for and praise the wrong side in our politics on this gun forum. You know the current political assault on "assault weapons" by your favorite USA party is but a pretext. But you won't speak up here in support of it because it is impossible to defend. But you will make posts like this one:
What would pass for absurd in Canada is the notion that a vote for liberals means an anti-gun sentiment, as if a reverence or need for guns comes first in a country's priorities. Or anti-gun to mention US acceptance of mass murder, mass school executions, 438 children being hit by a bullet every month between 2004 and 2014, 13 children between one and three killed themselves with guns so far this year as the violence that defines the US trickles down to babies in diapers.
I copied that from keith's post.

You are supporting more gun control for the US over and over and over on this BBS. Say what you will, you can't make posts like that one and not be advocating more gun control.

I praised Obama who majorities of Americans believed would make a better president than others on offer. He'll be remembered as a great president.
You also argued that he wouldn't try to impose more gun control on us. He did try. Over and over and over. And the party you ever frequently disparage blocked almost all his attempts. He did make twenty-seven executive orders for more gun control.

You and I disagree respectfully but that doesn't make one less than the other. We're participating in a forum where a wide range of opinions are as common as rain.

I agree.

But it is my opinion that in many different ways you say "I'm not arguing for more gun control in the US". But in many different ways you are.

If you would just come right out and say "It is my opinion that the USA needs to implement more gun control" I wouldn't be so persistent in this. In the past, when we reached this point, you say "I am not trying to impose gun control on the USA and I wouldn't if I could." Of course that wasn't the argument that I was making at the time. I am saying you are advocating more gun control for the USA but you won't do it directly. You won't make a list of controls you think we ought to implement. Your argument seems to me to be "Shame on y'all for not having more gun control laws, but I'm not arguing for more gun control for y'all. And since I am not arguing for more gun control for you I don't need to defend Obama's campaign for an 'assault weapon' ban. And again, shame on y'all"

I also believe if Americans were polled---and maybe they have been---a majority of Americans would say there are too many guns in America.

I believe that they wouldn't. And when Obamacare passed the majority of Americans were against that and promptly threw the Democrats out of the majority in the House and Senate. And yet the party of the NRA and gun rights still retains both the House and the Senate.

None of this makes me anti-gun in any way.
But it does make you an advocate of more gun control for the USA.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dal
'Dal, when did personal hatred come into the discussion?'

That was not directed at you Canvasback. Sorry if it came across that way. blush

'.I was simply making the point that by almost any objective measure it is clear that Canadian gun laws are more restrictive than American gun laws.'

Again we agree.

Apology accepted. Easy to be misunderstood sometimes.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

" find one American who voted Republican that will say that Obama turned out better than they thought he would."

me, me, me, pick me...

i voted republican...and obama did not live down to my worst expectations...he did no lasting harm to us that cannot be undone...that is the beauty of our political system of checks and balances...obama was neutered, politically speaking, when he lost control of the house in 2010...

obama turned out better than i thought he would...he was a good president...not great, not bad, just ok, so, so, c+, etc...

Last edited by ed good; 06/26/16 04:04 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

...thanks, ed, ...for proving my point. I can still hole up at your place after I roll King for a tree and the contents of his fridge, right?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
....he did no lasting harm to us that cannot be undone....

Dubya, along with all previous Presidents combined, saddled bo with about nine trillion in national debt. Don't forget, dubya stuck almost a trillion of that on his watch, in consultation with bo, for for him to hit the ground spending when he got sworn in. By the time the current eight years ends in a short bit, bo will add about ten trillion more.

How 'lasting' will that be, and how do you suspect that will be 'undone'? Add in the revenue that was also spent, what does c+ mean in terms showing results for all that 'investment'?

Sidelock
Sidelock

This is almost as good as watching the Kardashians quibble about what color underwear to wear...

Sidelock
Sidelock

"You root for and praise the wrong side in our politics on this gun forum," you say. There's the nub of it, Mike. The wrong side? Think about it. A vote for Obama by your standard makes anti-gun of all the Republicans and Democrats who voted for him twice, as if guns were all that's on the country's mind in these parlous times.

I can't see the logic of how citing my posts concerning the Second would make me anti-gun unless you want to make me immortal for reporting accurately the wrong side as you see it of the liberal and conservative debate, which seems to be in liberal ascendancy from court findings. If you don't like it, don't blame me.

When the guys on the "right side" said Obama's election would be blue ruin for gun rights, I said accurately there may be cosmetic changes but he would keep his legislative gun in his holster to position the Democratic candidate in '16. Again not only prescient but accurate and not anti-gun.

All your assumptions without evidence is your right side whistling in the darkness of a presidential election. Members who use the board to promote their party fume against anyone who doesn't share their convictions. I don't have a dog in this fight. It's already over, and I said who would win.

That, again, doesn't make me anti-gun. It shouldn't require mention but new members may not be aware that this tiresome nonsense sprouts from ignorance. When Ed and I were musing above about precedence of rights generally, bills of rights, constitutional, inalienable etc another member said it was a racist statement of Canada's strict gun laws!

Consider comments about my Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters friends. I was with with them in London on the Sunday morning after the Friday Paris massacre as they wrote their analyses of its likely effect on markets the next day. doublegun members I correspond with privately about their polling and forecasting knew they were coming to visit.

Hate blinded him to that possibility. Now hoist on his own petard. I bear him no malice. He is to be pitied.

Sidelock
Sidelock

craigd; one should not blame any pres for the national debt, and in particular ob...pres cant spend a dime unless congress oks it...and ob never asked congress for a nickel...he has never submitted an annual budget request...every year congress hands ob gazillions of dollars, and says...here, spend this...an ob he say...uh, ok ifn you say so...

so, blame congress for the national debt...not the pres.

Last edited by ed good; 06/26/16 08:57 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.