Originally Posted By: rollbac
Thanks..can anyone relate to wanting to put a lot of money into a gun like bluing barrels,changing chokes,removing cheek swell(i'm left handed) won't hurt cast.refinishing wood,removing swivels,etc..Rather than just buying gun that has all that done.There seems to be something about wanting to fit up a gun.I have very nice RBL with the best to offer.but older guns something about them

Is there another way to think? LOL

I specifically look for guns that are selling at somewhat of a discount because of "cosmetic" issues. The barrel bores and walls need to be in good shape, mechanically it needs to work and I like the screws not to be buggered, but after that, I'm fine because I'm going to re-do stuff anyway. Of about 15 fluid steel barreled SxS, only 2 came to me with barrels I haven't felt compelled to re-blacken. The other 4 are Damascus barreled and surprisingly, the finish on the barrels is the best thing about those 4 guns.

Mind you, I've stopped removing sling swivels.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia