Years ago a fellow from Argentina wrote what he did after the Argentinian economy tanked and the country fell into chaos. His views as far as guns went:

Shotguns are great for protecting your household. Every household should have at least one.

High-powered rifles, because of their ability to shoot through things such as cars and walls, are good if your dwelling is under attack. For instance, your attacker shoots at you from behind his car, you shoot back at him through his car. Every household should have at least one.

Handguns were only useful to carry with you at times such as a trip to the store where your long gun would cause a disturbance. Emergency weapons to hopefully keep you alive until you can get to your long gun. Every person in a household should have at least one.

He’d basically turned his living space into a fortress and suggested things such as answering the front door by calling down from an upstairs window when someone knocked on the front door. He came up with that one after a neighbor lady was assaulted and raped when she answered her front door thinking the nice man in the uniform was a city utility worker.

FWIW I agree with the earlier posters views on AK 47’s. Give me something that reliably fires whenever I pull the trigger, mud, sand, dirt and water be damned.

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)