October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jim H., cable, Ted Schefelbein, graybeardtmm3, azgreg), 221 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,954
Posts551,170
Members14,462
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
Sidelock
Sidelock

You must understand: They are required to do inspections on those folks. An inspector has to get in the car, drive from the office, spend time inspecting, get back in the car, go back to the office and then write a report of the inspection and give it to the supervisor. Some have to travel to rural areas out of town and stay overnight just to do an inspection for a guy who really do not need an ffl. All this takes a large amount of time

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

John, I do understand that. I just think it's ridiculous.

I am all for the government saving money in smart ways. I'm not in favour of the government acting AS THOUGH they are trying to save money when the real reason is a policy against private gun ownership.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
I think Keith and others mentioned about the decline of fFL dealers they have no concept as to why
they just look at the chart and form their wrong information from it

John boyd

Judging by the responses of those who formerly held FFL's and were forced to give them up, it would appear that I did not simply look at a chart or graph and form an incorrect opinion. Of course, being an NRA member and being actively engaged in educating myself about the constant assault on the 2nd Amendment from the Liberal Left Democrats, none of this was news, conjecture, or incorrect assumptions to me.

John, you seem to be going to great lengths to defend the actions of Bill Clinton and his ATF. You keep emphasizing the aspect of being actively engaged in the business when there is no clear definition of what that really means. We can state with absolute certainty that if Ted or Stan or craigd made a small profit on the part time sale of a small number of guns, and did not report that small income, the IRS would consider that taxable earned income and come after them for their taxes. The IRS and their agents regularly pursue small amounts of tax revenue, and do not force small businesses out of business just so they don't have to be bothered. Can you show us where the Constitution allows the government to do that?

Since Clinton managed to reduce the number of FFL's so dramatically and agents no longer need to inspect and examine the bound ledgers of those now defunct FFL holders, did they lay-off vast numbers of agents or tell Congress that they didn't need as much money in their annual budget to run the bureau? Just a few months ago, we had Obama telling us that he was doing more Executive actions to force non-FFL's who sell only a few guns to become licensed FFL holders so that the government can track infrequent private sales. He obviously considers those who sell only a few guns to be actively engaged. Funny how fluid that requirement can be when the obvious intent is to infringe upon our rights.

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
Dave:

I will let you worry for me

John Boyd

I laughed when I saw that little statement and thought about all the Fudds. No surprises there. Roughly 4.5 million NRA members have been doing the worrying and the heavy lifting for the other 40 million gun owners who enjoy gun ownership for decades.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith:

First, let me say I am not standing up for ATF not renewing licenses.

The grafts that you put up did not explain why ffls were not renewed. If just shows that many were not renewed. I think it is important to why the various reasons for this and so I stated this.

As far as your statement about IRS coming after folks making a small profit is wrong. While they certainly can, they did not.

John Boyd

Last edited by arrieta2; 08/09/16 10:49 AM.

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith

can you really say that a guy who has the same guns in inventory for years or only does a few transactions in a years time is really trying to make a business of it

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's little to be learned, but I had mentioned our club losing its ffl because of some likely quota that was arrived at by political ideology.

We had a small store that was not at someones home and was properly zoned. No firearm was kept in inventory for more than maybe two weeks. We were never told how many firearms transfers were enough. Just by happen chance, I never processed a firearm through that ffl for my self. We filed our taxes.

It started with a generic 'info' meeting in our area that we got a letter in the mail to attend. It seemed innocuous, but thinking back, it was clearly a quick screening process to build a list. We never had an on site inspection, though the club president may have done one a few years previous. In the end, we were shut down clerically through the mail, for very little effort on their part.

I doubt it's the same, but at the time, folks were saying, 'don't worry about, the club will be fine'. There was a policy change, and a bunch of folks didn't have the resources to stick up for themselves. I don't think they can all be brushed off as hobbyist's.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You got Longshanked.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As the anecdotal evidence illustrates, when the government doesn't want you to have guns, they will use every regulatory means available to effect change. Those who think "don't worry, these changes won't affect me and my little end of the hobby" make a grave error.

Every change needs to be fought against hard. Every legal change and every regulatory change. Because it's not ending until private gun ownership is outlawed. And rolling back a "concession" is especially difficult.

Moses had it right a few posts back.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craigd

If you felt that AFT was wrong you could have filed an appeal. You do not need an attorney to file an appeal and there is no cost it

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can tell you this, if I had another job when the renewal came under Clinton and selling only 10-12 guns a year, I would not have renewed.

It would not have been worth it.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.