John, we have stocking FFL's right now who have the same over-priced guns in their inventory for years. In fact, there is a current thread running right now highlighting some of them. That still doesn't allow or excuse the government to force them out of business or make a judgement call about how serious they are about making a profit. Automobiles are regulated too, but you don't see any arm of the government forcing dealers out of business just because they don't move sufficient inventory. But then, no one is working hard to ban cars.

The experiences of craigd's gun club were quite common. You do not know the circumstances behind nearly 200,000 FFL's being forced to give up their license, but you certainly are making justifications to defend those actions whether you care to admit it or not.

The IRS certainly can and does go after folks who neglect to report small gains or earned income. I myself have gotten hit with nasty-grams from the IRS because I neglected to report very small 1099DIV gains that came in the mail after I had already filed my return. I have also received 1099's that reported interest or dividends amounts lower than the postage required to mail them to me... because the IRS absolutely does care about little things.

I never claimed that the "grafts" (sic) I put up explained why nearly 200,000 FFL's were forced out of business during the Clinton years. I made the mistake of thinking that was pretty much common knowledge to anyone who was interested enough to follow the frequent assaults on our rights by the Liberal Left Democrats. But as the Fudds's frequently demonstrate, many simply do not care until they personally are affected.

I note with satisfaction that you chose to ignore the recent actions by Obama that are intended to force non-dealers who sell only a few guns to become licensed FFL's. No-one, including you or Obama, can say that some guy who is reducing his collection or selling off a few guns that belonged to his deceased Dad is trying to "make a business of it." But the anti-gunners are now obviously considering such activities as being "actively engaged."

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.