October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, Ted Schefelbein), 191 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,955
Posts551,180
Members14,462
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was talking to a friend, he said that back in 1968 they sold the gun control act as everyone could apply for an FFL and if you were in the business of selling guns you HAD to have an FFL. Now, it has changed to "if you have an FFL you HAVE to be a business.".

Sidelock
Sidelock

There's two schools of thought on that Stan. One is, if 'they' have the idea to interview, then it will be. The other is if you read it somewhere, then it will be.

I wonder why it's so easy to start a pot retail business in some places, and it's so difficult to be in other businesses. I wonder why it's so easy to have a part time business in some fields, and not others. I wonder if there're directives from higher up to pretend to preserve rights, but make it so distasteful that it's lost.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=PhysDoc]I was talking to a friend, he said that back in 1968 they sold the gun control act as everyone could apply for an FFL and if you were in the business of selling guns you HAD to have an FFL. Now, it has changed to "if you have an FFL you HAVE to be a business.". [/quote

I can't say I remember the FFL as being universal for sure but I am sure of something else. Regulations which at the time may appear innocuous can be twisted and used against you just as FFL licensing is used against occasional firearms sellers today. Those "regulations" in that letter which some want to believe only apply to those working on military firearms can be re-interpreted to mean something quite different in an instant. You can believe me and Trump for that matter that if H. Clinton get elected EVERY effort to reduce and eventually eliminate the private ownership of firearms will be put in place as quickly as possible.
And despite the media hysteria Trump never said or even implied that firearms owners would try to physically harm Clinton. It just more of the democratic B.S propagated by their media allies.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 08/10/16 11:27 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: James M

I can't say I remember the FFL as being universal for sure but I am sure of something else. Regulations which at the time may appear innocuous can be twisted and used against you just as FFL licensing is used against occasional firearms sellers today. Those "regulations" in that letter which some want to believe only apply to those working on military firearms can be re-interpreted to mean something quite different in an instant. You can believe me and Trump for that matter that if H. Clinton get elected EVERY effort to reduce and eventually eliminate the private ownership of firearms will be put in place as quickly as possible.

Quoted for accuracy.

There are literally dozens of smart, un-elected people poring over those regulations, trying to figure out how to bend them to do their will....eliminate private gun ownership.

To think otherwise is to both misunderstand the antis and to misunderstand your political system.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

I wonder why it's so easy to start a pot retail business in some places, and it's so difficult to be in other businesses. I wonder why it's so easy to have a part time business in some fields, and not others. I wonder if there're directives from higher up to pretend to preserve rights, but make it so distasteful that it's lost.

Craig, it sure isn't an accident, nor coincidence.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Some people are more likely to be intimidated by the men in the black suits and ties, too. There are good agents, and there are those who will try to intimidate you. The one who found me in the soybean field was a good guy. We had a pot of coffee together at my kitchen table that afternoon.

A friend had a little different experience. He had purchased some night vision equipment, I think it was a PVS-7, from a seller on eBay. One day the FBI shows up at my friend's business to tell him that his purchase had been stolen by the seller from the government. No proof, no documentation, just their say so. They told him to produce the scope, that they were confiscating it. He refused, and stood his ground. He told them the only way they were getting it was if they produced the money he had paid for it. They postured about for a few minutes, trying to intimidate him, then left. He's never heard another word about it, several years later.

It doesn't pay to try and be a badazz, but it doesn't pay to necessarily comply with everything that comes out of their mouths, either. The trick is to be informed, and know your rights.

Which brings me back to my original point ....... there is not the first question on the application for a FFL that asks anything concerning number of guns to be sold, as far as that making it a valid application, or not. They can examine your logbook at any time and see for themselves, but I do not believe they can legally use that finding (number sold) against you as far as denying you a renewal.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: James M

Quoted for accuracy.

There are literally dozens of smart, un-elected people poring over those regulations, trying to figure out how to bend them to do their will....eliminate private gun ownership.

To think otherwise is to both misunderstand the antis and to misunderstand your political system.

Ayn Rand said: “The hallmark of authoritarian systems is the creation of innumerable, indecipherable laws. Such systems make everyone an un-indicted felon and allow for the exercise of arbitrary government power via selective prosecution.”

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

For the doubters who say this isn't anything for gunsmiths to worry about, see the following link and article.
why would the senate have to send a letter to the govt agency responsible for this if it didn't affect gunsmiths??
https://www.gunsamerica.com/l/D5D082EF-E...ayDigest_86.htm

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brian
For the doubters who say this isn't anything for gunsmiths to worry about, see the following link and article.
why would the senate have to send a letter to the govt agency responsible for this if it didn't affect gunsmiths??
https://www.gunsamerica.com/l/D5D082EF-E...ayDigest_86.htm

I'm bringing Brian's post and link back to the top for the people here who actually think there is no threat to our gun rights. Here's one of them:

Originally Posted By: Genelang
I refuse to piss my pants every time there's a rumor about gun confiscation. It won't happen. There are, for one reason, far too many guns to confiscate, and for another, we've got the 2nd and 4th Amendments.

I've got enough real problems to worry about: UFOs for example. Crop circles. Alien abductions. Getting probed aboard an alien space craft.

Please note that once again, the threat to our Constitutional Rights has come from Liberal Left Democrats, and that it is Conservative Republican Congressmen who have penned the letter of protest to the State Dept. about the ITAR DDTC regulations which would affect gunsmiths.

About 4 1/2 million NRA members are shouldering the burden for another 40 million gun owners who often do little or nothing to help preserve our rights. Even worse, there are those right here who have announced their intent to support Hillary Clinton even though her extreme anti gun positions are well known. Proof that you can't fix stupid.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Americans and Canadians favour gun control, including background checks. Gun control is far down the list of concerns of electorates. Those who consider gun control a public issue more important than the economy, national safety and security, access to healthcare etc have legitimate concerns. It doesn't give them the right to impugn the integrity of the citizenship and intelligence of majorities if they don't think as they do.

Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.