I agree with you 100%, Dean. Too many folks today do not take responsibility- whether it is the jerk you creams the door of your Stutz-Bearcat at the Vintage and Antique car show, whilst backing up his Studebaker Avanti- and drives off, without a care or concern for the damage done.

But I also think that if I were a gun dealer (never gonna happen, however- I'm not clever enough I guess) and a "person of the streets" asks me for permission to shoot and try out one of the guns I have for sale on my table(s)I would tell him that only with the ammo I have available, and that ammo at his expense- No reloads-- Here's a sad reason why. A friend inherited a nice Ithaca 5e Knick SBT- at an area gun club, years ago, before the sporting clays "boom" hit- he let a 'friend" shoot it at 16 yard rise- the friend was using Federal Champion reloads (paper hulls) and a wad was stuck in the barrel, when he called for his next clay and fired, he barrel bulged right at the end of the wooden forearm, lifting the ventilated rib off the barrel. Thankfully, it did not burst the barrel, but the gun had to have a new barrel and forearm fitted, which the "borrower's" home owners insurance partially paid for- this was maybe in 1978-

I never shoot reloads in my Model 12's for crows or pigeons, and to the possible rapid shooting one can encounter- I will shoot AA reloads in my 12 gauge L.C. Smiths, as I have the old habit of checking the barrels each time I open the gun and get ready to reload the chambers.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..